How often do you?

Bosyn

I check every day, sometimes more than once a day.

Last week, I was looking at my Nov 13 cruise before I booked. It went up $25.00, so I called my friend and said we better book now before it goes up again. Before we booked it dropped. So we got a better rate, but by the end of the day, it had gone back up again. There is no accouting for rate drops. I guess I better join OBC-anon too. :D

We have over 400 days until we sail to Hawaii on the Spirit but I check daily. I haven't seen anything but price increases in the past 3 months but it is just as much fun watching people pay $1400 more for the same cabin and there isn't any early saver available in our category any longer.

Once final payment is paid I'll be check 2-3 times a day. Last year we had over $400 of OBC for our cabin by the time we sailed on the Dream.

I am confused (normal state). Does this apply to anyone that has paid in full or some program. I am paid in full for an April sailing and I just used the link and it said that for 2 of us it was like 1318.00. I paid 1558.00 before taxes. I just called my PVP for clarification but will get it from this forum much quicker. Please enlighten me.

Thanks

I am confused (normal state). Does this apply to anyone that has paid in full or some program. I am paid in full for an April sailing and I just used the link and it said that for 2 of us it was like 1318.00. I paid 1558.00 before taxes. I just called my PVP for clarification but will get it from this forum much quicker. Please enlighten me.

Thanks

Unless you booked Early Saver you're out of luck. Only ES bookings get OBC after final payment. In fact, they can get OBC up to 48 hours prior to sailing.

:)

Doesnt work for us here in the UK. We secure our deal, pay our non refundable deposit, and thats it...unless someone else knows different then please advise me.. I just dont look at prices after I have booked, especially in the UK where travel agents will offer "last minute deals" which make you :mad:

If I am happy with the price we have paid, the vacation we have chosen, then its "go with the flow".

have to add though, if we could price check and drop, for sure, with the cost of air travel often being more for us than the cruise itself..I would be checking weekly!

I'm from the UK and just book it seperate and use the US Carnival number for the cruise - seems to work out much cheaper for me than using any packages ;)

Whenever I see the price go down I call my TA if she doesn't call me first.

Last cruise we took on the Dream my daughter found a discount advertised in the little paper she gets in Maryland, this was not advertised here in NY.

We got a substantial discount that way-and it was NOT limited to MD residents.

So far on this cruise I have seen 3 price drops for past cruisers, and saved about 100.00pp

I will keep looking...Good luck everyone!

Make sure you join a roll call on this site for your cruise. If you can't check all the time, someone on the roll call will find it and will usually post when they find a price drop. I check all the time, but the last two cruises I was on I didn't have time to check but someone on roll calls for cruises I have in the future found price drops and I was able to submit the form while out at sea.

I'm from the UK and just book it seperate and use the US Carnival number for the cruise - seems to work out much cheaper for me than using any packages ;)

Ok, sorry, can you explain this to me, (idiot proof), dont quite understand what you do??? Do you book it online? When I go on, I am automatically put on to a UK site? Too late for me this time as have already paid deposits, but would be great to know for future reference how to do it? Do you then book your cruise, and book flights independantly? I dont have my flights booked, just cruise only as was to early to add in flights. I used a local agent whom I like to give business to if she can match the best deal I can find, which she does.. but would love to know "how its done" US style?? Thanks!!!!

I'm seriously confused! I went to the web site and checked the price. Should I compare it to my TOTAL paid, including tax? Or just the base rate? For example now it's $184.00 less than what I paid WITH tax, $50.00 more without tax. Also, since I booked with a travel agent, how do I get my credit? Call her? We are 7 weeks out today (March 20). THANK YOU. Any and ALL money saved is a blessing.;)

I typically check in the morning, at lunch and at night, but I am a little obsessive.

On the positive side we got some good reductions and a last minute OBS b/c of my obsessive issues.

The last reduction came after our category was sold out. I was continuing to check anyways and noticed that one room became avail. someone must have cancelled or took an upgrade offer. Anyways it was 6 days before the cruise, they heavily discounted the room to sell it and we got the ES OBC to the tune of $200 so sometimes being obsessive pays off.

We check daily and more than one time per day...been lucky on our last cruise we got a 200.00 OBC:)

No such luck on our 2 upcoming cruises....but final payment is near on one of them and we booked ES... we will still be watching ;)

:rolleyes: Let me see if I understand this. First let me say....I am a cruise newbie and am waiting for my first cruise. Not knowing the PROPER way to book, we went through a TA. Also, we have already paid in full, even though it wasn't necessary for a few more weeks (I believe). I do not know if I have a Early Saver or Fun Saver rate, but I'm guessing it's the Fun Saver based on the time frame. So if I understand this correctly.

1. I have noticed the price has gone down (only $60.00) for the 3 of us,

2. But since I am paid in full, I cannot get the lower price?

I had read in another thread that it would have had to go through the TA and that can be a hassle, but yeah, I understood that part. Anyway...am I correct? If so, that really stinks, since I paid in full EARLY that is to Carnival's benefit and if it excludes me from any benefit, why did it do it? Arrrrggggg!

Thanks,

Diana

:rolleyes: Let me see if I understand this. First let me say....I am a cruise newbie and am waiting for my first cruise. Not knowing the PROPER way to book, we went through a TA. Also, we have already paid in full, even though it wasn't necessary for a few more weeks (I believe). I do not know if I have a Early Saver or Fun Saver rate, but I'm guessing it's the Fun Saver based on the time frame. So if I understand this correctly.

1. I have noticed the price has gone down (only $60.00) for the 3 of us,

2. But since I am paid in full, I cannot get the lower price?

I had read in another thread that it would have had to go through the TA and that can be a hassle, but yeah, I understood that part. Anyway...am I correct? If so, that really stinks, since I paid in full EARLY that is to Carnival's benefit and if it excludes me from any benefit, why did it do it? Arrrrggggg!

Thanks,

Diana

You should still be able to get the lower price, it goes by the final payment date not when you made final payment. Call your TA

You should still be able to get the lower price, it goes by the final payment date not when you made final payment. Call your TA

I will check with the TA on Monday. I did a print screen of the lower price already. Thanks for the info....then I will keep looking for a few weeks at least. I guess I'm not TOTALLY out of luck...just a little bit. :p

Haven't booked our cruise yet as we are waiting for them to release summer 2012, but plan to book with ES.

My question is, what do you do once you see the price drop? If they fluctuate every 3 hours how do you get the credit?

I checked but our category has sold out so it doesn't even show up. :( How do you find out the current price if your category doesn't even show up on the screen? We have a 4G but would like to upgrade to a balcony if we come across a good price. Also, if we upgrade to a balcony would we still be eligible for OBC if the price drops? Our cruise is in mid August.

Hi there! We cruised on Carnival a couple years ago and are thinking about booking another cruise in the next year. I have a question about checking rates after you book an Early Saver fare. Should I check every rate category (Fun Select, Fun Saver, Early Saver & Past Guest)? Do they all count as comparison rates?

Archived