Just about to give up. Are there ANY reputable tour operators in Belize?

pitterpattershoppe

I just got back from a RC 7 day cruise out of Galveston last week. We took the Aerial Trek tour with Nacho and Cynthia aka NCQ Adventure Tours. I know you don't want to go cave tubing but they do several different tours. Very trustworthy. Yes, you have to leave the cruise terminal after you get off the tender but they are waiting for you by the door and I had NO trouble finding them. Their prices are very reasonable and I just can't say enough good things about them. Just google them. They come right up. Good Luck.

In Roatan, we're ziplining with Victor Bodden, who receives excellent reviews everywhere. I conversed with him via e-mail. His English is a little off, but nice and prompt in his responses. He offers a variety of tours...not sure about snorkeling, though.

http://www.boddentours.com/index.htm

-pitterpattershoppe

What did you find in Roatan - I am having a hard time finding reputable snorkel tours. Would love to go out in a caterman.

Thanks for your help!

You can just take an official taxi at the pier and ask the driver to take you anywhere. We felt really safe and went from Dunn's River to the buggies, saw some of Ocho rios and a bit at the beach. That was much better than a cruise excursion!

You're talking about Jamaica, right? Not Belize? :confused:

-pitterpattershoppe

You can just take an official taxi at the pier and ask the driver to take you anywhere. We felt really safe and went from Dunn's River to the buggies, saw some of Ocho rios and a bit at the beach. That was much better than a cruise excursion!

Well you can always go with Experience Belize Tours visit them at www.experiencebelizetours.com and look up their reviews.

and I would suggest that zany tour operator that cannot read & follow the rules of the boards would not be considered reputable which is what the OP was asking. I know that we have a rather large group visitig Belize in two weeks. Having bee to the country once, I've no problem with staying on the ship. No desire to go back.

Ports of Call Posting Guidelines

Reviews/Recommendations of Tour Operators/Guides

Legitimate third-party recommendations/reviews for tour operators/guides/businesses *must* be posted in response to a request for the information. All others will be removed from the boards. Additionally, repeatedly posting the same “review” over and over in response to many threads is considered “spamming” and will be removed from the boards. Legitimacy of third-party recommendations to be determined at the sole discretion of Cruise Critic.

Post Shore Excursion Shares In ROLL CALLS

Posts looking for members to "share" your excursion, or posts mentioning that a few more spaces in a van are available and you should contact so and so, are not allowed on the Ports of Call forums. Please use the ROLL CALL thread for your ship’s sailing to find others willing to share your shore excursion tour costs.

Advertising is not allowed on Cruise Critic

Tour operators/guides/drivers/businesses in Ports of Call may not promote their business in any way -- that includes posting a link to your website, phone number, location, tour information, hours of operation, pricing, scheduling, etc.

Participation of Tour Operators/Guides/Businesses/Drivers/Locals in Ports of Call

There is no advertising or self-promotion allowed on Cruise Critic. Tour operators, guides, drivers, businesses and locals in ports of call may offer up advice of a general nature only. They may not include any company name or contact information, nor may they use Cruise Critic's forums to conduct customer service - either for themselves or any company. The simple mention of a 'tour' or that someone owns a business by an owner (or their agent or anyone in their employ) will be considered advertising and will be removed. Posts will be removed at the sole discretion of Cruise Critic. Repeated violation will result in suspension of posting privileges.

“One Post Wonders” – will be removed from the boards without notification to the author. This phenomenon essentially amounts to single or multiple posts created by a brand-new member touting tour operators/businesses/guides/drivers in ports of call.

Questions, comments, concerns? Write to community@cruisecritic.com.

Thank you all for your cooperation, Laura

Laura

Sr. Manager Community

community@cruisecritic.com

Cruise Critic

We were in Belize last February and hired Ivar Marchand. I found him through Cruise critic, but also looked at a few other cruise & travel sites for reviews on him (at one point, Ivar worked for one of the larger tour groups, but can't remember which one) but he also did tours on his own.

I did a review on our tour with him. Here's the link (post #26) if you're interested:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=25520537

Archived