Dawn for 1st time NCL cruise

gargoyle999

Thanks everyone for your comments. I've contacted my TA to go ahead and book it. Can always cancel if we change our minds so I like that I can get what I think is good price without being locked in like I would be with Carnival Early Saver rates. Plus my TA will give me $150 OBC! :D

Thanks everyone for your comments. I've contacted my TA to go ahead and book it. Can always cancel if we change our minds so I like that I can get what I think is good price without being locked in like I would be with Carnival Early Saver rates. Plus my TA will give me $150 OBC! :D

Great! I think you'll find yourself happy with your decision. :)

thanks for the info, my last cruise was on the ccl dream i dont like the newer BIG style ship it was way to crowed for my taste this is why ill give a try with the ncl dawn. i have a the 10022 stateroom (balcony)

its my first cruise with a balcony. I can't wait until next week:)!

We were in 10688 and 10690. I liked Deck 10 as it isn't in between any "noisy" areas. Pretty quiet there as it's only cabins.

We did our first cruise last year on the Dawn and are booked again this February. After going freestyle I am not even really interested in the other Cruise Lines but that is really a personal preference kind of thing I suppose. As far as noise is concerned that is really a location thing on any ship. We look at the decks plan above and below before we pick our room.

I am sure you will enjoy your trip.

Israel

The Dawn is a wonderful ship, with a wonderful crew, good food, and great entertainment. I've sailed her twice, and am going back for more! Somewhere along the posts, I think the OP asked if there was an outside eating area. There is - around the pool at the back of the ship. What so nice about this area is the cover that slides in place in case of inclement weather. My wife and I love this area (which seems to be abandoned at night) to either swim, or just sit on the side with our feet in the water. On several occasions during our cruise, we were the only souls in the area (not enough for a "skinny-dip", cause the bar was still open)! I've sailed on the Dawn and the Pearl, and hands-down, the Dawn is the best ship of the two. The Pearl is bigger, and newer, but everything that the Pearl lacked, the Dawn had. You won't find a friendlier crew on any fleet!

Archived