Store luggage at Miami hotel?

cruiser46143

I would sugest using luggage express they take the luggage the last night and check it all the way thrugh to your final destination . so you can get off the ship go explore miami and go to the airport when your done and not have to go back to a hotel pick up your bags . I think it cost me 20.00 ??? back in 2009

I would sugest using luggage express . . . .

Agreed. Only problem I've had is some of my most frequently used airlines do not participate.

Other than that I don't think a hotel would typically allow you to use their storage. I suppose one option is a post cruise excursion.

We are staying at the Queen Mary for one night on Feb 19th before going on our 7 night cruise. Our return flight on the 27th is not until around 5pm.

I didn't know what to do with our luggage while we went sight-seeing so I thought I would call the hotel to find out if they would hold my luggage AFTER the cruise for a few hours. They said no problem.

thanks everyone... we missed the deadline for the luggage express - which was the 2nd day of the cruise, so we were forced to go a different route. Anyway, after calling many hotels right along South Beach, I found one that would store our luggage for $3/bag ($9 total) which sure beats the $60 we would have paid the ship! Each hotel said it was against hotel policy to store the luggage for non-guests but one hotel said we could see if the bellman would do it for us anyway and he did. Must be their way of letting them earn a little money on the side?? Anyway I am not complaining :)

thanks everyone... we missed the deadline for the luggage express - which was the 2nd day of the cruise, so we were forced to go a different route. Anyway, after calling many hotels right along South Beach, I found one that would store our luggage for $3/bag ($9 total) which sure beats the $60 we would have paid the ship! Each hotel said it was against hotel policy to store the luggage for non-guests but one hotel said we could see if the bellman would do it for us anyway and he did. Must be their way of letting them earn a little money on the side?? Anyway I am not complaining

Many higher end hotels that have a bell desk will take luggage and store it. The bell desk doesn't know if you're a guest or not or just checked out and have a late flight, nor do they care. They're going to make a few $$. The Marriott in Boston at the wharf does it all the time. If you call a hotel, ask to speak to the bell desk and don't ask the operator. They will probably say no but the bell desk will not.

Intercontinental said we could check it in early for an extra $100 I think it was. We had gone there when we debarked and had a extra day in Miami between cruises.

Just curious as to why you would pay an extra $100 to check in early? Hotels will store your luggage for free if you have a room booked and you can go out and use the pool & restaurants until your room is ready.

Archived