Miami pre cruise and Fort Lauderdale post cruise

bahama daydreamer

Looking for good hotel near port of Miami for pre cruise stay. Would like to be near a few restaurants and would like pool to spend the day. Would also like for it to have shuttle to the port but if not, close enough that taxi won't be expensive. We will be staying in Fort Lauderdale post cruise and would like for it to have a pool and shuttle to the airport. Any suggestions?

Try Doubletree Biscayne Bay - view of POM from some rooms, shopping for last minute items in the underground, & the bar dining/room in the lobby is very good, or walk two blocks to Bin 18 (Bisc. & 18th) for great bistro food and an extensive wine and ber list. :D

Others to look at would include Marriott, Hyatt and Intercontinental.

Cab to POM from any downtown hotel will cost about $10; if you are flying in via FLL then look at SAS (www.ridesas.com) for shuttle service for about $15 per person. Good luck! :)

We're doing the same thing in few weeks and I used priceline to get good prices on hotels. I got the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay for the night of 2/26 for $100 and the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale airport for $55 the night of 3/6. The Hilton has an airport shuttle.

Maura

Thanks for the suggestions. I checked those hotels and they're a lot more than what we'd like to pay. Any other suggestions. We've stayed at the Hampton Blue Lagoon but there wasn't much in the area withing walking distance.

You can try Priceline or Hotwire (or LMT, which is often suggested for Miami hotels on these boards) and sometimes score big savings on good hotels. Besides the sticky at the top of this board check www.betterbidding.com for bidding suggestions and recent winning hotels. Availability depends very much on the season and demand. Good luck! :)

11750 Mills Drive

Looks like it might be too far away from port to be worth the savings on the room.

That's a LOOONNNNGGGG way from POM :eek: - you're probably looking at a $40-50 cab ride. :( I'd keep searching in the MIA, Coconut Grove or even Doral areas that areas that are not so far away from the port. Good luck! :)

Archived