Pictorial Review of the Liberty Looneys CC Cruise - 1/15 - 1/22/2011

dodger501

Dodger, Thanks for the great review and the pictures of us... Cruise was the best yet and hope to cruise with the Looney,s again...:D

Anyone who want to go on another future cruise with some of the Looney gang, please send your email to Chelle at liberty-looneys@centurytel.net then when we get something together we will send you information to see if your still interested, or even better get input on what everyone would like to do.

Thanks for the review and fantastic pictures that you posted; it sure looks like you guys had a blast!!!

Quick question: which night was the second Elegant evening? Was it the day you were in Grand Cayman or Ocho Rios? We will be sailing on Liberty next week.

Thanks for the review and fantastic pictures that you posted; it sure looks like you guys had a blast!!!

Quick question: which night was the second Elegant evening? Was it the day you were in Grand Cayman or Ocho Rios? We will be sailing on Liberty next week.

I was about to reply that it was Final Sea Day but after checking the Fun Times, it wasn't. So it was the night before after we left Ocho Rios. For some reason, we are missing a couple days worth of Fun Times, oh well.

I'll probably be needing one by the time the next cruise rolls around.

As promised, here is the MDR picture of those of us from table 556, taken on the last night of the cruise:

1180377393_2bZYE-L.jpg

l-r: Pete, Dale, Sherri, Mike, Karen, Steve, Kelly, Mitch

Intruder alert!

1169088069_CCe38-M.jpg

I have to admit, this guy gave us a start when we walk in and turn on the lights. He stuffed pillows and towels inside one of the bathrobes, beach towels for legs and my shoes. Very clever, for sure!

I think you should add this guy to this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1357101 :D

This was the worst experience of the cruise, at least how it started out. This was the only excursion we booked through Carnival, too.

So we leave the ship and go to the excursion meeting place (for lack of a better term) at the end of the pier. Our excursion is the Bamboo Beach Club.

We finally get to the beach. Nachi Cocom, it ain't:

1169069134_9noVL-M.jpg

But it is an AI, the area is clean, so is the water, the staff is attentive, and the sun is hot. They are doing hair braiding, the coconut water thing (with our without a shot of rum):

1169069331_9jeGP-M.jpg

There were dancers and entertainers pretty much the whole time, including a DJ. When we first got there he was playing all reggae, then switched to rap, which put a lot of folks off:

1169070091_vNGQW-M.jpg

I swear, this guy was double-jointed:

1169071148_SELY9-M.jpg

Nice scenery (wide angle):

1169071831_tZAoc-L.jpg

More dancing:

1169072720_txiG9-M.jpg

Great review!

Question: Is Bamboo Beach Club an actual all inclusive hotel resort, or is it just a beach club?

Your photo are fabulous! Carnival should pay you for this review. I want to move back to Miami so I can cruise the bigger ships without driving down there.

You could just keep posting about anything adding pictures...I'd read it every day! Thankx!

Believe me, if I could make a living at it I would drop my day job like a hot rock. I have made 'some' money, mainly from sports shooting, some portraits.

My next cruise is not until next Jan., but check back to my gallery periodically for any updates throughout the year: http://dodgerdigital.smugmug.com/

Absolutely LOVE your pictures and reviews. Thank you so much for sharing!

Liberty was our choice for this year's annual family and friends Halloween cruise. I am only on page 3 of your review and can't stay to look at more for now.

Oh yeah, definitely will be coming back and reading more and drooling in anticipation, although we are doing a different itinerary (eastern Caribbean).

And you do do indeed have a very admirable talent with taking pictures!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On the ride through town back to the pier:

1168207147_ZEDhG-M.jpg

The Liberty is still there. We had a long line for the tender but they had 2 of them going so it did not take too much time:

1168207267_P7LN8-M-1.jpg

1168207458_4DV3c-M.jpg

One last look at the harbor before boarding:

1168207516_sHuEF-M.jpg

Another beautiful sunset:

1168207697_PwvdW-M.jpg

Intruder alert!

1169088069_CCe38-M.jpg

I have to admit, this guy gave us a start when we walk in and turn on the lights. He stuffed pillows and towels inside one of the bathrobes, beach towels for legs and my shoes. Very clever, for sure!

This is a great shot!

Archived