Roll Call - Pharoahs & the Promised Land 06/04/11

Anyone else sailing on this cruise on 06/04/11??

Getting really excited now, even if it is still over 2 months away - didn't get away anywhere in 2010 so I'm champing at the bit!!! :D

Just hoping the trouble in Egypt eases before then and there's no change in itinerary. However it's Haifa and Jerusalem I'm particularly wanting to see so as long as there's no change there then I'm happy.

Would be good to hear from any fellow passengers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Snap! We are flying from Manchester too!! :) Just look out for the woman with the grumpy hubby in tow and that will be us! ;)

We didn't get the all-inclusive as we tend not to drink very much. Looking forward to the entertainment though.

Might see you on the plane then! :) We are from Lockerbie in south-west Scotland - the flight time was better from Manchester as it's earlier. On our last cruise we didn't board till nearly 10pm when the ship was about to sail and we were too knackered after such a long day travelling that we missed the sail away party - looking forward to it this time!! :D

hiya, when are you setting off, we have booked a taxi for 4-30am. i have got medical seats as i am waiting for a new hip, have you pre booked your seats.i am not that bothered about getting off the ship in egypt so i might just do the bethlehem tour. we have only got an inside cabin cos you don t spend much time in it anyway, we had got such a bargain £418 each is the cheapest cruise i ve ever had except for the 2 £10 daily express ones a few years ago. the price of this cruise has come down again in pricr today £389.see you next week lol

Hi tummysmummy, landlady and all,

You'll be on your way before we get back, I can't believe we'll be in Egypt this time tomorrow.

Have a fantastic time with plenty of sun and sights to see.

we'll catch up and compare notes when we're all back.

Berwyn

Thanks Berwyn!

Wow, you got a real bargain landlady! :eek: Can't believe it's gone down so much. Can't complain though - we got a pretty good price too. Booked it back in August and I had been watching the price for a few weeks and pounced when I saw it drop - had went up again by about £100 the very next day! Just shows you it is worth keeping and eye on prices and holding back if you can.

We are just in an inside cabin this time too. I like having a porthole to look out, but this time I thought well really what's the point. We don't intend to be in it much!

Are you doing anything in Alexandria and Alanya? Thinking of just going for a wander in Alanya and still haven't decided what to do in Alexandria.

We will be at the back of the plane. Wasn't sure if that is a good idea but hubby thinks the seats at the back are roomier? :confused: Will probably be leaving about 1.30/2ish.

Are you doing anything in Alexandria and Alanya? Thinking of just going for a wander in Alanya and still haven't decided what to do in Alexandria.

Hi tummysmummy

I read last night (but can't find it again:eek:) that passengers will not be allowed to leave the ship in either Alexandria or Port Said (for Cairo) unless they are going on organised trips.:( Obviously things have not completely settled down in these ports or they are just being cautious.

Jan

Ahhhhhh bliss. Just finished up at work ready for my happy happy holidays next week. I'm grinning like a Cheshire Cat. :D

Thanks for the link Jan - I'd already seen it but haven't decided whether to do the ship's excursion or not. Guess I might have to if I want to see Alexandria! :rolleyes:

Ahhhhhh bliss. Just finished up at work ready for my happy happy holidays next week. I'm grinning like a Cheshire Cat. :D

Thanks for the link Jan - I'd already seen it but haven't decided whether to do the ship's excursion or not. Guess I might have to if I want to see Alexandria! :rolleyes:

Hi, yes, it was friends of ours who were in contact with someone on Celebration last week. But the situation may be different when you go - last week would be the first time they were in Alexandria after the three weeks lay-off (and since the unrest) so they may have been playing safe for the first time and checking out how things stand currently in the city. I wouldn't necessarily write it off yet as they may take a different view a couple or three weeks on. You'll have to let me know when you get back! ;)

But if there are restrictions, like you we will probably opt to do an excursion so see something of the area.

hiya, yes i am all packed i think lol, i ve been in hospital for the day today, i am going to stay with my sister tomorrow and get the taxi from her house 4-30 am its booked for.I do hope the life jacket drill is not early on thursday morning.

Hi tummysmummy and landlady :)

Bon voyage! Have a wonderful time - we'll want to hear all the details when you get back!!!!! :D

Hope you both have a great trip

Archived