New to Royal Caribbean - What should I expect?

Cupcrazy

I just booked my first cruise with Royal Caribbean. We booked B2B weeks on the Oasis. I've sailed on Carnival & Princess before. I've also done a lot of research about the Oasis and have watched numerous videos/shows. I feel I know a lot about the ship. But what I wanted to know here are the little things. What are some of the little extras that most people, especially first timers, on RC don't know about?

for your first Royal, you've chosen the Mother of all Ships, and you will no doubt enjoy her. Although I've read threads that some people miss the nautical feel because of her size. If you chose another Royal cruise on a different ship after, don't expect all the little things you've seen on the Oasis.

There really are too many things to list, so continue to read threads regarding the Oasis. Off the top of my head, I'd say expect the best shows you've ever seen on a cruise. If someone hasn't told you yet, make sure you Pre Book your shows and dinner reservations as soon as possible (you must have made final payment). If you want to dine alone (not at a large table) chose My Time Dining. You can then request a table for two.

since you are doing b2b, I believe you can join C&A while on your first week; becoming a gold member so that you get some benefits and the coupon book for the second week.

Archived