Galapagos!!!

shiba2012

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone cruise to Galapagos?

We're planing to cruise to Galapagos & Machu Pichu. Any advise which cruise line we should looking for?

IF you want a "packaged" trip, then do Expedition.

If you REALLY want to see the Galapagos, there are many, many smaller ships which are cheaper and provide a better experience (like seeing more islands and NOT having a large crowd of people). Here is an entire list of boats available. Some have really spectacular discounts certain times of the year. http://www.galapagosislands.com/galapagos-cruise.html I am NOT recommending this website-just giving you an idea of the amount of boats/yachts that are available. MOST can be booked direct, increasing savings.

As for MP, if you can book your own air, you really don't need a package trip. A trip to MP is very, very easy. I spend quite a bit of time in Chile and Peru for business. MP is one of the EASIEST trips to book on your own.

Take a look in the South America forum. LOTS of info there.

I agree with Greatam about Machu Picchu. First of all it is way inland. We flew to Cuzco from Lima. Then we took a train into the valley to Aguas Calientes at the base of MP. You don't want to hurry this trip and it is very easy and inexpensive to do on your own.

There are some places that just do not make sense for cruises.

Thank you for a great advises! We have a year to plan then. I have checked "expedition" for 15 days Galapagos & MP will cost us $11,000/person. That's a lot of money :confused:. I will do our own with your help. Thanks again.

Take a look at SmarTours. We did a land tour with them to Cuzco/MP and then on to Quito and a 3 night Galapagos cruise. Included air/some meals (all on the cruise) tour guide etc. It was a few years ago and the prices have gone up now but are still quite reasonable. They do a great job!

Archived