How strict is Carnival about changing rooms?

rarodg2

We will be on the Triumph. We aren't really worried about the kids getting into rooms or making charges. They will always be with one of us or in the kid program. We just were curious if they would allow them to sleep in different rooms.

Several friends and family members cruised together on our last two cruises and our grandchildren, both under 10, stayed back and forth between the sets of grandparents and uncles. Never a problem. Our steward was great about it. We would just tell him, or leave a note if we didn't see him, which room we wanted the berths down in for that night.

I've been on the phone with Carnival for 30 minutes. We are all right LOL! Here is the scoop.

Because one of the kids cruising with us is not my child (my blood niece) they are unable to place her in a room without an adult. Last cruise my sons fiance went and there was never any question... I guess becasue she was over 21. The only way you can have children in one room and adults in the other room is if the children traveling are all your children. Sounds silly to me but that's the facts. I spoke to a supervisor and they will not make a change.

I just hope they will give my husband a key to our room and give me a key to the kids room. That way my daughter who is placed with me will have a key to get into the kids room and my husband can sleep with me!!!!! As the supervisor said, "We don't do bed checks".

Thanks to 911 so many of these things have changed. Some things make sense and some things don't. This one makes no sense.

We'll just sleep where we want and hope for extra room keys. If not my daughter will have to have one of the other girls let her into the kids room.

Several friends and family members cruised together on our last two cruises and our grandchildren, both under 10, stayed back and forth between the sets of grandparents and uncles. Never a problem. Our steward was great about it. We would just tell him, or leave a note if we didn't see him, which room we wanted the berths down in for that night.

I know they can sleep wherever you want them to, the problem is the key to the room.

We will be on the Triumph. We aren't really worried about the kids getting into rooms or making charges. They will always be with one of us or in the kid program. We just were curious if they would allow them to sleep in different rooms.

Sorry, but I understood the OP's question to be about sleeping arrangements, that they "aren't really worried about the kids getting into rooms or making charges".

Sorry, but I understood the OP's question to be about sleeping arrangements, that they "aren't really worried about the kids getting into rooms or making charges".

You're correct.:D

I was trying to revert to the key issue. I guess two topics going on one thread. Sorry for the confusion.

I cringed when I read this.... my first thought was that it was going to be a dirty-diaper thread! *grinning*

That's the best post I've seen today.... I actually really truly laughed out loud! :D Thanks for the grins! ;)

You mean they DON'T come around in the middle of the night to see that you're sleeping in your assigned cabin!? How disappointing! :D

OH MY GOSH - Noone told us we were supposed to sleep!!!! LOLOL:cool:

Deb

Sovereign of the Seas 8/04

Carnival Conquest 6/05 - can't wait!!!

Archived