Have any of you meet someone famous.

markarm1

Never on a cruise, but working at Disneyland, I met the following:

Chevy Chase

Princess Fergie

Robert Culp (I Spy, greatest American Hero)

Phil Collins

Micheal Jackson

Geena Davis

John Stamos

Paula Abdul (sp?)

The entire cast of 21 Jump Street (no John Depp).

Will Wheaton (Star Trek Next Gen)

David Faustino (Bud Bundy)

Lindsay Wagner

Not on a cruise though. My father managed a couple of auto race tracks and a couple times they made movies at them. I've met Donald Sutherland, Peter Boyle, Jeff Bridges, Joan Allen, Martin Landau, Nina Siemszko (daughter on West Wing), Christian Slater. Also met David Janssen (the original Fugitive), Bobby Sherman, Jonathan Frid (Barnabas on Dark Shadows), Henry Winkler and Harrison Ford. Also met Jason Dohring, Brian White, and Jordan Belfi from Moonlight.

[/u]

On our first carnival cruise in 2003 we were aboard with none other the one and only Richard Simmons! I booked very last minute and once were aboard, we learned that this was his yearly "Cruise to Lose". Of course we were not part of that but we did see him in the dining room nightly making sure all his cruisers were eating healthy.LOL The biggest shock was seeing the elevator doors open and there he was red sequin tank top and all. Yes, he is as outrageous as he seems.

On our last cruise on the Disney Magic, they were filming a couple of episodes of America's Funniest Video's. We had the chance to talk to Tom Bergeron. It was fun watching the episodes, and seeing ourselves on TV.

But about a year and a half ago, my kids and I worked as extras on the movie "Grown Ups". We got to meet Adam Sandler, Kevin James, David Spade, Chris Rock, Rob Schneider, and some other cast members. We were at the water park, for those scenes.

In 2006 on vaction in Sedona AZ. and ran into Ken Burns the P.B.S. guy I told him I was A big fan of "Coney Island" and" Statue of liberty" he laughed and said man you realy are all I ever get is "Civil War or "Baseball". He was very nice and down to earth.

Never on a cruise, but pre-cruise twice. First time in New York, we were having lunch at Alice's Tea Cup and Michael Nouri was at the table next to us (he's the guy from Fashdance, been in a lot of movies, now he is on All My Children). I was the only one at my table that was facing him, and I knew my mom would freak out if she knew it was him because Flashdance is her favorite movie. He and his wife were joking around with us and my mom didn't recognize him until they left and we told her... She was really mad that I didnt spill the beans earlier, but forgave me when I showed her the picture I made her pose for with him right behind her.

LOL! Billy Joel was sitting next to me and my mother at a restaurant in Providence (where I'm from) and I didn't tell her until we left because she would have gone over to him and made a fool of herself. He was eating with the owner and my mother knew him too and my mother grew up in NY...OMG - it would have been a nightmare. LOL - she was kinda mad that I didn't tell her.

Last summer, we were outside the M&M store in Manhattan, when Mike Huckabee walks by in jeans, but I couldn't think of his name to say hello.

Other airport sightings were Mr. Kathy Lee Gifford (Dallas), and the guy who played the mayor on Spin City (LGA), and Miley Cyrus' father last summer in Savannah.

On ONE PLANE, we had Sally Struthers, the guy who does Roger Rabbit, and the governor from Massachusetts who used to be on Cheers, but I was busy ordering the chicken.

lol..Miley Crus's father? His name is Billy Ray..or "Achy Breaky Heart" man

Not on a cruise but we met JFK Jr and Darryl Hannah when they were vacationing out on a small Pacific Island. They spent an hour or so playing with my kids in the pool. They were around all week and my kids enjoyed their company. Also met the National Enquirer reporter who had followed them out to the island. She was a trip- stood out like a sore thumb in her huge tropical hat, high heels, and fancy dress, hiding behind bushes.

I also bumped into, quite literally, his father when he was campaigning in Greenwich Village many many years ago.

I have seen Gordie Howe, Richard Simmons, and Jesse Jackson in various airports. I taught actors Tom Sizemore (Saving Private Ryan) and Marty Klebba (Pirates of the Carribean) and I am a cousin of Mr Coffee himself Joltin Joe.

Haven't been formally introduced, but have seen Billy Baldwin (rubbed elbows and exchanged glances). Seal and Rob Lowe at the airport not too long ago! Have a few pics of Seal at the magazine stand. Rob Lowe was moving too fast, (and being chased by a reporter). The funniest story though, was Billy Baldwin. He is such a babe. :) I couldn't speak the words out fast enough that he was right there, right next to me. He heard me mumbling, that's - that's, uh, Billy Bald... He looked at me, giggled, and smiled. It was fun!

I used to work for V.P. Gore on his 2000 campaign. Met a few political celebs that way...

Also, living near Nashville, it's hard NOT to meet famous people: Kenny Chesney, Clint Black, Keith Urban, etc...

And, while I was attending Ole Miss, Justin Timberlake happened to be in the Oxford Billiard Club on the same night we were...

Oh really? Well I would LOVE to cruise with her Husband....Mr. Keith Urban........wonder if she would mind? LOL

My wife won a trip to Nashville for a backyard BBQ with Keith and tickets to his concert..I asked him why Nichole was not there and he just laughed and said she was home with the kids...I played at a blackjack table with Mary Wilson (original Supreme) once on a cruise when she was performing on that cruise... Dennis

Well since this has completely gotten away from cruise related (which I may have contributed to), I have one more!

I was at a friends wedding and a few of us found ourselves at the hotel bar (which made absolutely no sense because there was already an open bar at the reception lol) and we spotted Gary Sinise (Lt. Dan from Forrest Gump) enjoying a drink by himself. He was in town filming a movie and staying at the same hotel. One of my friend might have been a little intoxicated when she sat down next to him and said "I almost didn't recognize you with your legs"! :D

I was flying back from Amsterdam with a double connection back to Detroit many years ago first flight was Amsterdam - London I was with a travel companion I was isle seat they were middle seat. Usually one rarely talks to people across an aisle. A women across the aisle starts chatting with me shortly after take off asked me if I am from the States. Then the conversation gravitates to things such as Girlie Brown after this general chit chat the conversation goes in the direction of jobs / work. After I tell her about my work / job she says she had a carrier years ago in opera. Then we talk about classical music German conductor's then she tells me how she helped give Pavarotti his first big break in a lead role opera. My knowledge of classical music specifically is limited other then I like it and know some of the big name performers. AS we are ready to land she offered us a ride with her into the city and would love to show us around. unfortunately we had the immediate connection flight home. Now we fast forward. I mention this conversation to my father who asked what she looked like was her accent Australian he then finds a picture shows it to me it is of The Grand Dame Joan Sutherland on blessed memory she passed away this past year. I had no idea and yes it was her. She must of been amused to f not have been recognized. To quote my father he said had he been on the flight he would of gotten down on his and and knees and kissed her ring / hand. Well after this I wrote her publicity agent who passed the my letter on to Joan and we corresponded for over 10 years and did have lunch with her once 3 years after when I was in London on business.

I had a car rental in LA stolen way back the day I was to fly home. Get a taxi from my hotel to car rental location at the airport LAX was not a happy camper my flight was canceled as well after my arrival at the LAX airport. Go to a bank of payphones to call the airline being the line was impossibly long at the counter. Next to me is a guy I did not have change I ask if he has change for a dollar. I then hear him say not looking up hey man I am sort of busy now. I then said some thing less nice as in can't you help a dollar for a quarter and then he replies bug off. I then said have a nice day. Well be then I hear people near us saying cut why is some one on the set we need to finish this now. Turns out I some how walked on to a filming set for a movie and do not recall any barricades or check points. My mind was on getting home and the car rental having been stolen. It turns out standing next to me at the phone bank was John Travolta. The movie he played a news reporter or spy relating to Russia some how not one of his famous movies and it was at the time he had gained some pounds. SO I tell people I told Jon Travolta were to go in a polite way :) HAHA

Last story I lived in the Detroit area and use to shop at the same super market Aretha Franklin shopped at. I would see in the market would say hi and chit chat about how ripe the bananas were and this and that never made it a deal or asked for an autograph. I think she liked this fact just neighbors being neighborly. We did one time at her suggestion get coffee a few stores over at Starbucks.

Archived