Need advise on Panama tours ( Colon, Panama city)

sdel65

Hello, I need your help to decide on the tours in Panama.

My family is arriving there for the day by Royal Caribbean.

I'm looking for a tour that will combine main sight of the Canal, Panama city tour, beach, some shopping, the rest of the main points that you may suggest to see

I did contact http://www.myfriendmario.com/ but there is no response for more then a week.

Any suggestions for the reliable tour agency?

I realize that I arrive to the Colon city but still would like to see the Panama city as well. Please advise.

Thank you

Sofia

mailto:viajesalmiza@hotmail.com

Try this for MFM. I do know rom reading somewhere on this board that some mailservers don't get the mail to him, sorry don't remember which ones. He is the independent tour operator that a lot of people have used on this board and seemed pleased. I have not used him.

Just a thought, Panama is not really a beach stop as is many other places in the Caribbean. Where you can find some decent beaches, many of them are not that near the Canal and most of them would certainly be on the more "rustic" side. Seeing some of the Canal, Panama City and a little shopping thrown in the mix, you already have a real full day.

mailto:viajesalmiza@hotmail.com

Try this for MFM. I do know rom reading somewhere on this board that some mailservers don't get the mail to him, sorry don't remember which ones. He is the independent tour operator that a lot of people have used on this board and seemed pleased. I have not used him.

Just a thought, Panama is not really a beach stop as is many other places in the Caribbean. Where you can find some decent beaches, many of them are not that near the Canal and most of them would certainly be on the more "rustic" side. Seeing some of the Canal, Panama City and a little shopping thrown in the mix, you already have a real full day.

Just had a friend (Tom) return from the Equinox and used FMF for the tour to Gatun Lock. Ray was his driver and Tom was overly inpressed with the tour. They also did a rain forest tour with MFM and Tom thought it was the best. Just passing it on. Cheers!

Hello

I emailed Mario tours yesterday and have booked Colon tour, rainforest, Fort and Lock $60 per person. Cannot understand why you haven't received a reply, he was so promt. Sailing 18th April San Juan - San Diego...can't wait. just looking for tour buddies to join us to book independant tours to Cartegena, Costa Rico, Acapulco etc.:p

Hello

I was just wondering if there are any other tour operators except Mario... in Panama

It seems that he is the only tour operator who is there.

I am trying to get the combination tour of Panama city and the Canal highights, possibly the beach as well.

It looks to me that the prices Mario gave me - are pretty close to the ship prices.

Any advise?

thank you

Sofia

Does anyone know something about Fuerte Amador? Any independent tour people there? We will be on Holland America and they get in at 6PM and leave at 4AM. Looked at their tours and nothing looks to exciting and also expensive. Hope someone knows about this port since everyone goes into Colon. Thanks

The good thing about Ft. Amador is near Panama City which is where a large portion of the tours wind up when the ship docks in Colon. You may wish to do a search for My Friend Mario on this board, who is an independent tour operator. I have not used him but most people seem satisfied with their services. The only other thing a might add is with those port times I think you are going to find a limited number of tours available, sometimes not a whole lot to see at night. Sunset in Panama is pretty close to 6PM year round, not much variance in the sunrise/sunset times, so there is not any daylight in the early evening. I would imagine they would offer a tour to Miraflores Locks, you will be able to see quite a bit with all the lighting at the Locks. There are some spots at Ft. Amador that will give you a great view on the skyline of Panama City.... hope you can find something that will interest you.

Do you have the information for how to Captain Carl? Is there a website? Thanks.

Sorry I just saw this now. His email is info@junglelandpanama.com

He will get back to you very quickly. His website is also www.junglelandpanama.com. Last time he emailed me he said that there was also another couple on the ship who had booked. They have a video on youtube about the tour as well. If you do a google search for "What ever happened to Gatun Lake Safari" then a thread from cruise critic pops up with information. Let me know if you have any questions about signing up.

We are booked with MFM for our cruise On Jewel of the Seas on Wed March 2nd.They were very prompt to respond to our request and seem very reasonaly priced. I reviewed them also on TripAdvisor and did not see any negative comments.

I am on the Jewel at that time too. If you would like, my party may be interested in joining you. Just let me know if that is a possiblity. If so, my private email would be easier.

lkb619@yahoo.com. Thanks, Luann

Archived