Carnival pride- Is there still a kitchen tour onboard?

Rumbunnie

When my mom went on the Sensation a few years ago, there was a tour of the kitchens. It was the night before the midnight buffet. She just loved it and would like to do it again when we go on the Pride. I cannot find anything about it anywhere. Does anyone know if the Pride has a kitchen tour?

Thanks!!

There is some kind of tour if you are platinum. The behind the scenes tour which includes the kitchen is kinda pricey. I think $55 or $75 per person, but I hear is worth it. No free tours that I know of otherwise.

It is $95/person. It is on the last sea day in the morning. You end up with over $100 worth of "gifts". We just did the tour on Jan 22nd on the Pride....in my book, well worth it. Everytime I am on a different ship I will probably do it again.

What? I am also going on the Pride in a few months so I copy & paste paragraphs that apply to our cruise.

This is what I have in my notes from someone else's post which I thought was on the Pride:

My husband is in food services and is interested in touring the galley. I noticed in the funtimes from December that there is a galley tour on the last sea day. Does anyone know about this? How much is it? What is included?

MIkeyA53 responded:

free, we enjoyed it. I will have photos when I post my review.

... or maybe I copied something from another ship?

Hi All...

This is correct! We were on the Pride 12/26/10-1/2/11 and there was a FREE galley tour on the last sea day. The matre'd (sp) announced this at the end of dinner in the MDR (I think his announced on the next to last dinner nite) Sounded like only one tour for the day so first come, first serve.:)

Also, if you attend the Chef's Table (great dinner BTW!) there is also a brief tour of the galley.

Enjoy!!

We did it on the Fascination and it was $55 pp.($95 pp on larger ships) You sign up at the excursion desk once you board the ship. Pretty neat tour well worth the $ to do it at least once. You go all around the ship from the Galley, Laundry, Garbage/Recycling, Food/Beverage storage, Food Prep areas, Training Center, Crew Mess, Crew Lounge, Very Front Crew only area on Bow, Engine Control Room, and of course the Bridge. You get to ask questions along the way to the guide and the other staff in their areas. We got cookies fresh out of the oven in the Galley. Group Pic taken with Captain (delivered to stateroom later in day) Behind the Fun Hat, Lanyard, Wristband. FAQ/Fact sheet that includes Warm Chocolate Melting Cake recipe. NO CELL PHONE OR CAMERAS Allowed on Tour!!! They will use a metal detector on you.

What kind of gifts did you get .. that sounds good.

3 8x10's---1 with you and the captain on the bridge, 1 with the whole group and the captain on the bridge, and 1 with the group and the head chef in the galley. (each 8x10 is sold for $21.99 on the ship, these are included)

A cinch bag (we figured at least $10)

A baseball hat (Mom saw hats for $20)

A lanyard (about $5)

A carved bar of soap

A glass of champagne

I didn't hear anything about the free galley tour (we probably read right past it since we were already booked in the behind the fun tour) but this was with the behind the fun tour. We went to the excursion desk on the first day due to this being limited to the first 32 people (2 groups of 16). This included tours of parts of the crew area, the main galley, the galley at David's, the photo lab (as a photographer, I found this very interesting), back stage in the Taj Mahal. I will do this again anytime I am on a different ship.

I just got off the Pride this past Sunday and the galley tour (which is free) was offered at 3:15 p.m. on the last sea day. It is different from the "Behind the Funs Tour", which costs $$$ and takes you to several other off-limits parts of the ship.

The galley tour starts with a short speech in Normandie on the operations of the galley followed by a quick walk through. No free food to be had on this tour, but I did get a free sample of the beef stroganoff and cheese cake on the cooking demonstration held at David's on the second sea day (or if it the first?)

3 8x10's---1 with you and the captain on the bridge, 1 with the whole group and the captain on the bridge, and 1 with the group and the head chef in the galley. (each 8x10 is sold for $21.99 on the ship, these are included)

A cinch bag (we figured at least $10)

A baseball hat (Mom saw hats for $20)

A lanyard (about $5)

A carved bar of soap

A glass of champagne

I didn't hear anything about the free galley tour (we probably read right past it since we were already booked in the behind the fun tour) but this was with the behind the fun tour. We went to the excursion desk on the first day due to this being limited to the first 32 people (2 groups of 16). This included tours of parts of the crew area, the main galley, the galley at David's, the photo lab (as a photographer, I found this very interesting), back stage in the Taj Mahal. I will do this again anytime I am on a different ship.

I forgot about the cookie, muffin, and 2 chocolate covered strawberries that were delivered to our room for each of us later in the day.

You have all been GREAT in your responses. Thanks for all the input!

I think we will try for the last sea night tour of the kitchens. Maybe also the David's cooking demo. I am trying to save my money to pay for the DOD bar bills!! :p

Bummer about the midnight dessert buffet, but would still love to see how all of the food gets to where we can EAT IT!!

Archived