Cruise Document Problems

Murphs

Has anyone else had problems getting their electronic cruise documents? I received an e-mail letting me know that my documents were available online, and when I logged into my reservation, it also listed my documents as having been issued. However when I tried to view my documents I just get a blank screen and a message that says something to the effect of " you have chosen to receive yor documents online, they are not ready but you will receive and e-mail when they are". Funny, I got that e-mail but still no documents. I e-mailed customer service, gave it a week and heard nothing, so I e-mailed again and received a response asking me to call them. When I called last week, they said they can see my documents in their system, and that they would re-issue them which should take care of the problem, however I still cannot access them, and I have tried from several computeres. I finally e-mailed them on Saturday and asked them to mail them to me at no charge since their online system was not working. Their response today was incredible, they first off told me all about their state of the art online system that offers a "dynamic, one of a kind" cruise document experience, then proceded to tell me that if I wanted to opt out of the online delivery method that the mail was an option for $35.00. Best part was that they then told me that if I had already checked in online and had printed my set sail pass, that I didnt need cruise documents anyway. Why do you even have a cruise document then if all you need is your set sail pass. Anyway, now that I have vented, I just wondered if anyone else has had problems with this.

Mike

I use Internet Explorer 8, and thought at first maybe it was a browser problem so I also run Mozilla Firefox and tried that and had the same result. I tried my computer at work, still nothing and when I was visiting a relative I decided what the heck, tried form theirs and same thing. Its not so much the fact that I cant get the documents as it is they will not accept that they have a problem with their system. I do have my set sail pass, so I know I can get on the ship, but I kind of like our cruise documents since they show all of the excursion information and such.

I use Internet Explorer 8, and thought at first maybe it was a browser problem so I also run Mozilla Firefox and tried that and had the same result. I tried my computer at work, still nothing and when I was visiting a relative I decided what the heck, tried from theirs and same thing. Its not so much the fact that I cant get the documents as it is they will not accept that they have a problem with their system. I do have my set sail pass, so I know I can get on the ship, but I kind of like our cruise documents since they show all of the excursion information and such.

You are way ahead of me obviously :)

You are right and I totally understand your frustration!

###

Disregard my reply to this posting. I replied before realizing OP had tried to view on different computers. My reply would only be relevant if the problem was isolated to a single computer.

Sorry for killing electrons needlessly.

I had an awful time with the online check in. I have done it many times before so it wasn't like I was doing it wrong. I called them to make sure it went thru n they said I was all set. I think their system must have been down. When I called I told them about a gift certificate I had that I forgot to give to the travel agent . She took the info but I don't see anywhere it is applied for onboard credit. I am going to bring it with me when I go just in case.

Archived