How does transferring a booking work?

OJ46

I have been reading of people who book with HAL and then "transfer" their bookings to an online discounter. Could someone please explain exactly what is involved in making this happen? Can you transfer between online agencies? Are there fees involved in this? Thank you.

I have been reading of people who book with HAL and then "transfer" their bookings to an online discounter. Could someone please explain exactly what is involved in making this happen? Can you transfer between online agencies? Are there fees involved in this? Thank you.

A number of on line agencies have cancellation fees - this would apply if you tried to transfer your booking.

If you are booking with HAL, PCC you can call and request which travel agent to have the booking transferred to.

you can even book on board and the Future Cruise Consultant will assign it to whatever agency you want. :)

You most likely will not be able to transfer your booking between 2 online agencies. If the online agency charges NO fees and you are not within penalty phase then you can cancel and rebook with the new agency but the original agency 'owns' the booking and when you booked you agreed to their terms and conditions.

I have been reading of people who book with HAL and then "transfer" their bookings to an online discounter. Could someone please explain exactly what is involved in making this happen?
Just once we booked on board and had the booking transferred to a local TA later. I first called HAL and they gave me a specific name and phone number which I then gave to my TA. He had to call the person at HAL to finish the transfer. No fee involved.

Usually when on board we don't book any specific cruise, but just put down the $100 deposits for a TBD cruise.

I was able to transfer my HAL booking to a local AAA travel agent (not an online discounter). There were no fees and although the cruise fare was exactly the same I received onboard credit for transferring the booking. My travel agent handled everything and I can still view my reservation online at the HAL website. She has also been able to make changes to my reservation at my request. I have been very happy with her service. I previously used just my HAL PCC and although she was very nice and helpful, I live on the East coast and the time difference made it more difficult to get in touch with her.

Diane

Archived