Sojourn World Cruise

BristolGolfer

I previously posted a link to our World Cruise Blog & pictures but have been asked to do so again. So here goes.

Blog = www.vhsholdings.com/helenandvance

Pictures = www.vhsholdings.com/sojourn

We've now (Tuesday evening 1st Feb @ 6pm) left New Zealand on our way to Tasmania. The seas are VERY rough and there's quite a few grey looking faces here.

We will get to Tas on Thursday morning about 6am.

Being really looked after really well and spoilt rotten - it's brill...

Many weeks yet to Egypt but keeping up with world news just in case we're re-routed.

Best regards to all CC'ers and looking forward to meeting new recruits at Sydney.

Hi Bristolgolfer,

thanks for post, we are arriving on the ship from Dubai and are most concerned with the events of Egypt. I am hoping things will settle down so we can view Egypt.

Please post a note if you hear of any news on the ship.

Hope you enjoy Australia, weather is on the improve and hopefully Melbourne will shine for you. If you need any clues on what to visit whilst here in Melbourne let me know by just dropping a note.

Take care and hope the seas improve.

Very nice photos Bristolgolfer! I'm sorry you are experiencing such rough seas! I already learned that via Facebook... With 3 hurricanes around you are bound to have high seas ;=(

I can imagine you are worried about Egypt.... Well today is the "big" march. Maybe Mubarak will step down.... They're hoping for a million people to protest. Re-routing would be quite difficult... since the Suez canal is the only way to go. Yes, go all around Africa:eek:...

But it is still a long time from now. I hope for the best for you all.

Marja

Many thanks Seabourn... seas just starting to level out (a bit!!) Wednesday morning @ 7am.

I think the Egypt problems will slowly get sorted & as I've already said it's weeks away yet so any CCers joining in Dubai don't get too worried...yet!!

Regards & thanks to all.

Many thanks...will be in Hobart tomorrow morning @ 6am (ish) It's 7pm here and looking forward to yet another great evening meal. The menus here are so good.

I'll post a couple of menu scans if anyone's interested. Let me know.

I certainly would be interested in seeing sample menus. Thanks.

Hi Orph..

The menus don't really fully show the veggy options & don't forget the chef will always do something special.

There is always a 'classic' menu in the main diner and I alway ask for english cut chips (fries to you) when I want a steak etc. otherwise the fries are a bit to fatty.

Anyone who's not happy with the food really has to 'get a life' !!!

Regards

Hi Orph..

The menus don't really fully show the veggy options & don't forget the chef will always do something special.

There is always a 'classic' menu in the main diner and I alway ask for english cut chips (fries to you) when I want a steak etc. otherwise the fries are a bit to fatty.

Anyone who's not happy with the food really has to 'get a life' !!!

Regards

Thanks. I thought that was the full menu and I am pleased to hear there are veggy options also.

Whaddya mean, fries to me? a northener now living in Orpington, Kent, brought up on chips before and during the war. Sacrilage! :p:p:p

Most interesting. My wife is vegetarian. I could not see much to her liking at Restaurant2 or indeed a main course at the Colonnade.

Very many thanks though.

Arrange for a meeting with the chef(s) on your first day on the ship and your wife can tell him/them what she likes. I'm sure she will be taken well care off.

Marja

Archived