Reception back home

Hi ladies! Help please :)

We are cruising March 17-21 and are having an afternoon reception (2pm) on Sunday, April 10 for our family and friends back home. I had originally planned on this being very informal, but as the planning has progresses, my mom wants to send formal invitations with response cards and have the event be a little more formal. Obviously it won't be a black tie event, but more like "dressy casual". Is that weird to have an afternoon event be more dressy? (it had to be a sunday afternoon, or else we had to pay to rent out the restaurant). My bridesmaids want to wear their dresses and the groomsmen want to wear their suits, so at this point I'm thinking also that my fiance will wear his suit and I will wear my wedding dress. Thoughts? We will have food, beer/wine bar and a band. Since it's later afternoon, the food will not be heavy and it will not be sitdown. So I guess I'm asking this:

1. Thoughts for invitations

2. Thoughts for wording for appropriate dress on invitation

3. Yes/No on the wedding dress at the reception?

Thank you!!

I would just search online for formal invitation wording and find one that fits your event! And defanetly a yes on wearing the wedding dress again!! As long as the wedding party wears theirs again I would say go for it! Im sure all the guests would love to see everyone in their formal wear :)

Hi ladies! Help please :)

We are cruising March 17-21 and are having an afternoon reception (2pm) on Sunday, April 10 for our family and friends back home. I had originally planned on this being very informal, but as the planning has progresses, my mom wants to send formal invitations with response cards and have the event be a little more formal. Obviously it won't be a black tie event, but more like "dressy casual". Is that weird to have an afternoon event be more dressy? (it had to be a sunday afternoon, or else we had to pay to rent out the restaurant). My bridesmaids want to wear their dresses and the groomsmen want to wear their suits, so at this point I'm thinking also that my fiance will wear his suit and I will wear my wedding dress. Thoughts? We will have food, beer/wine bar and a band. Since it's later afternoon, the food will not be heavy and it will not be sitdown. So I guess I'm asking this:

1. Thoughts for invitations

2. Thoughts for wording for appropriate dress on invitation

3. Yes/No on the wedding dress at the reception?

Thank you!!

Search for wedding announcements, these will have the wording you want (informing your guests that you got married and where you got married) it also has an area to put reception info and usually you can order response cards to match! You can also put a photo of your cruise wedding if you would like.

try

weddingpaperdivas.com and search for wedding announcements.

I am doing the same thing. We are cruising June 12-19th and having the reception the following week. The invitations I have are more like post cards but I also added response cards. I will be wearing my wedding dress (my wedding party will all be in ther wedding clothes aswell). That just made me think about shoes! I'll have to get some matching ones for the girls and guys (since the wedding itself is on the beach). I did not really say how to dress for the evening but I kept everything pretty formal (little do they know there will be leis and beachballs at the reception hehe). We are reanting a hall and have a dj and caterer but it is set up as buffet, and open bar. I am not assigning seats either, just resurving the two (one for each of our immediate families). Hope this helps! Also, because I know everyone cannot make it to the Bermuda wedding, I will have a projector playing photos on the wall as you enter the hall.

Hi Future Mrs.!

I'm also doing something like that! We're getting married during the 3/13-20 Valor cruise and having a 6/25 reception up where his family lives. I'm sending out invitations more along the relaxed-beachy theme and we've rented out a restaurant. It won't be a sit-down formal dinner (Meal stations throughout the restaurant) BUT we will all be wearing our 'wedding' outfits - me in my dress, him in his suit, my maids of honor in their dresses, etc. It is an evening event but most guests will come dressed dressy-casual, slacks, summer dresses, etc.

So I'd recommend reading up on different wording styles online! Ours will be very similar to this. We're still working on it! Hope this helps.

John and Jill Smith

are happy to announce

their marriage on

March 15th, Grand Cayman Island

They would be honored to

have you celebrate with them

at a reception

6:00 in the evening

Saturday, June 1, 2000

Address

Please reply by May 1st at

our website.com

My daughters and I wore our dresses. Since the guys had rented tuxes for the wedding on the ship, they wore Hawaiian shirts and slacks for the reception. We had photo albums with pics and a laptop with a slideshow and the video of the ceremony.

We had "wedding" cupcakes and a champagne toast at the reception.

Since ours was hosted by another couple this is what we said on the invite.

On January 2, 2011

Jane Doe & John Doe

Will be joined in marriage

Aboard the Carnival Legend Cruise Ship

To celebrate the occasion a cocktail & hors d’oeuvres

reception will be held in their honor at the,

HIDDEN VALLEY COMMUNITY CENTER

11TH & MAIN STREET

ANYTOWN, IA.

On

January 14, 2011

7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.

Please join John & Jane along with their families.

The couple request that the only gift that you

bring is the GIFT of your presence.

My husband and I were married in September. It was only the two of us, the minister, and photographer. We left the next morning on our cruise.

We had a "celebration" when we returned 5 days later. We arrived in our wedding attire and changed rather quickly into our "aloha attire". We were much more comfortable dancing.

We ordered our celebration invitations online. We found it and thought it was so appropriate for us...

We're getting ready to depart

on a romantic trip which is only the start

Jane Doe

and

John Doe

will be married on

Friday, September 17, 2010

Oahu, Hawaii

Please join us for a celebration

when we return

etc, etc.........

Like I said, it was perfect for us. Good luck and much happiness to all the brides and happy planning! :)

My husband and I were married in September. It was only the two of us, the minister, and photographer. We left the next morning on our cruise.

We had a "celebration" when we returned 5 days later. We arrived in our wedding attire and changed rather quickly into our "aloha attire". We were much more comfortable dancing.

We ordered our celebration invitations online. We found it and thought it was so appropriate for us...

We're getting ready to depart

on a romantic trip which is only the start

Jane Doe

and

John Doe

will be married on

Friday, September 17, 2010

Oahu, Hawaii

Please join us for a celebration

when we return

etc, etc.........

Like I said, it was perfect for us. Good luck and much happiness to all the brides and happy planning! :)

And it was a nice celebration. It was great seeing everybody!

Archived