Freedom review B2b Jan 15-29

krhpee

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000105 EndHTML:0000012730 StartFragment:0000002297 EndFragment:0000012694 @font-face { font-family: "Times New Roman"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }table.MsoNormalTable { font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; } Husband (who is known as Santa) and I (who is known as Karen) arrived in Ft. Lauderdale on a bright sunny afternoon. Hotel shuttle was called and came to take us to hotel. We stayed at the Rodeway Inn and Suites of 2440 West State Road 84. What a great place. Clean clean clean. Yeah. Close to port and airport both. Izzy is the best. Attached to the hotel is the best sports bar nd grill. Very convenient and accommadating. The staff is very friendly, helpful and fun to be staying with. The food was awesome and served with a smile. It is the only place now for us to stay when in Ft. L. Hotel suggested for the afternoon and evening the water taxi would be a nice excursion. How true. For just a few dollars, we took a ride in the canal and saw some beautiful homes and boats. Back to hotel for the evening. Shuttle to the airport was the most painless I have ever experienced. Izzy knows what he is doing. Sit back and he will get you to the port in ample time with no hassles. Thanks Izzy.

Got to port. We have VIP boarding so we were in our room in 20 minutes. Ft. L port did a good job for us.

Carnival Freedom is a clean boat. Guess you can tell, clean is important to me. I hate to see old dust around. We went to lido and got a bite, then went to our room. 9229. Nice location. First time on lido. Think I will stay there more often. Very convenient to the pool, Serenity, shows, and exactually everything.

Staff onboard-- whst can I say-- other than I have never met a more friendly helpful crew on any other cruise. From the top to the bottom, everyone was friendly and so nice. There was one housekeeper on Promenade that must of had a bad day everyday but she didnt really get in my way so no problem. She was only one on ship that I saw that seemed not friendly and not happy. oh well.

The Captain was very approachable and friendly. He was out and about ship quite a few times. We had many nice conversations with him. And with his help, I found the Lucky coin. Thanks Captain.

Cruise Director Ryan was OMG so so Great. He and his staff made our cruise the best ever. I had never thought of cruising a ship because of staff, but now I see how it can make a difference. Ryan, Dan, Third, Tyson, Chelsea and of course my personal favorite, Calvyn--- Thank you all so very much for a great job done. All the trivia, bingo and games were so entertaining.

Goran the Maitre D-- again-- thanks for a wonderful dining experience. You have the best staff ever. Suelel (spelling bad I know), Kenneth and I Gusti-- you three were wonderful. Thanks for the special shrimp that one night. I don't know how you did it but I thank you. Santa is still talking about it. Attention to detail was beyond my imagination. Natasa==thanks for being the best bar staff I have never used. We don't use the bar staff in the dining area, but she was there if we needed her. She always found us when we were out and about. Always making sure we were enjoying ourselves. And of course, then there is Chef Sanjay Chowdury. We did the Chef's table and were blown away. What a terrific experience. Carnival-- you are to be commended on your chef and his staff. Thanks for the great food and service.

Room stewards-- Anajana, Siriluck, and Jiraya-- You made our room so very delightful every time we came into it that it totally amazed me. I miss you cause now I am making the bed and can't seem to get those towels looking like yours. You make a great team. Anajana, who is the sweetest person ever, you took such good care of us I don't know how to thank you. I hope to see you some time soon,

Music, Photo, Customer service, Fun Points-- All of these departments were also the best I have experienced. I never had band members or dancers come to us and make sure we were having a good time but on the Carnival Freedom they did.The shows were very well done. You guys are so very talented. Kudos to all your hard work. We enjoy the fruits of all your efforts. Photo--especially Ralph-- we got the good pics we wanted-- so a big thanks to you. Customer service-- quite the team you guys. Never have I had so much fun with customer service. Great attitudes. Fun points girls-- we passed you guys on promenade and you always spoke to us and even in Key west. Thanks for being so nice, Keep up the good work.

We did not use the spa but used the elevator on 11 to 12. Even the Spa people made sure we were having a good time. Serenity deck is awesome. I truly enjoyed that deck a lot this cruise. Just getting out and enjoying the sun and breeze was nice. Sea days were a little hassled to get a seat but then, I enjoy those days when everyone goes ashore. Got the place to myself with few other peeps. On the day of our b2b switch, it was the best. I got any seat I wanted.

We didn't use any of the places for the young ones so I can't comment on those. I would have like to use the piano bar but it was too smokey for us which is the same on most ships.

One of the only area we felt lacking were the comedy shows. Sorry guys, you just were not funny. PG or R rating really did not make a difference. Carl Strong was okay but the others-- i really hate to say it but you just didn't entertain. It was actually embarrassing to be there and watch you struggle so much. Hope you find your place but not on a Carnival ship.

I will have to give this ship a 100 plus. Great jobs all.

Archived