E Z Air

traveller 100

Hi there. I'm not sure what you mean about not getting a response. Have you called Princess to inquire? We were checking ezair prices with Princess on a continual basis -both online and telephone with Princess. As it turned out, the best deal we saw was early in the booking process, and through Princess. Unfortunately we didn't take them up on it and by the time we were ready to book our airfare (to and from SJ), the better prices to be had were through Orbitz.....

I have read that with EZ Air - Flexible is book now with Princess, pay with final payment, price can go up or down, can make changes, you pay whatever the price is at final payment. Restricted is book and pay now with no changes.

Check with airlines to see if Princess has the best prices.

We used EZ air for our upcoming trip - booked the restricted option, and by FAR this rate was way better than anything we could have booked on our own.

Unfortunatley, Princess cannot include the EZ check luggage option for those of us residing in Canada... that would have made it perfect!

I agree. I went EZ air and got the air at half the price than I would have paid to get it on my own. Only negative is, I had to pay in full (final) for both cruise & air ( almost a year in advance) and that leaves you no final payment at closing date and it locks you in on the original cruise fare. If the cruise drops in price you have no recourse to get it at the lower price before the final payment is otherwise due. However, I am still head of the game. If the cruise had dropped considerably befroe the final payment, it would have wiped out the savings on the air. :)

What do you mean when you mentioned EZ luggage check in? I didn't hear about it.

For $20/pp, Princess will take your luggage away the night before you disembark, and you won't see it again until you pick it up at your home airport baggage claims area. For those who have used it, they rave about it saying how wonderful it is not to have to worry about hauling their luggage all over the place, especially if they have connecting flights. Unfortunately for me, flights must originate and end in the US, and ours will end in Canada.

From what I understand, if you qualify, Princess will leave you a notice in your cabin several days into your cruise asking if you want to take advantage of this program and all the particulars around it.

Wish I could use it :mad:

For $20/pp, Princess will take your luggage away the night before you disembark, and you won't see it again until you pick it up at your home airport baggage claims area. For those who have used it, they rave about it saying how wonderful it is not to have to worry about hauling their luggage all over the place, especially if they have connecting flights. Unfortunately for me, flights must originate and end in the US, and ours will end in Canada.

From what I understand, if you qualify, Princess will leave you a notice in your cabin several days into your cruise asking if you want to take advantage of this program and all the particulars around it.

Wish I could use it :mad:

We did this is San Juan-Best twenty bucks a piece ever-Not only do your bags get taken care of, you get your boarding passes, and I am not sure if this happens all the time but all of the passangers who did the ez bag check were taken to a seperate area ( a dinning room) for disembarkation and we were one of the first off the ship-which put us first to leave the port and first to arrive at the airport-no lines what so ever. A few minutes after we arrived at the airport and we had breezed through TSA- the lines stretched on forever. I too was under the impression that once they took your bags the night before you wouldnt see them until you arrived home but thats not all true-when you get off the ship there is a seperate area for EZ check luggage and we had to get our own luggage and take it through customs.There were porters there to help if needed- After clearing customs and just past the customs area(a few feet) they took our bags-then not to be seen again until you get home- It is really worth it not to have to drag your luggage around the airport. Also by not having to check your luggage and all ready having your boarding pass you can go right to the TSA screening and off to your gate (if you are in San Juan though dont forget to take your carry on through the Agriculture Dept Inspection Station-just inside the terminal-or they may make you go back and have it done) The info will come in the princess patter-I believe on Tuesday and was due at the pursers desk on Wed. You will also need to bring ID and a copy of your flight schedule

Thanks for the info. That is very interesting. We are going to stay at a hotel when arriving the mainland because our flight lands in FortLauderdale at 10:00 PM and we have a five hour drive home Thanks, Pat ;)

I agree. I went EZ air and got the air at half the price than I would have paid to get it on my own. Only negative is, I had to pay in full (final) for both cruise & air ( almost a year in advance) and that leaves you no final payment at closing date and it locks you in on the original cruise fare. If the cruise drops in price you have no recourse to get it at the lower price before the final payment is otherwise due. However, I am still head of the game. If the cruise had dropped considerably befroe the final payment, it would have wiped out the savings on the air. :)

I don't think it matters when you pay the cruise in full, but the posted final payment date that would "lock you in". On our last cruise I booked ez air, payed in full immediately, then re-fared the cruise two times and the air three times as the price continued to drop.

Archived