Thank you Cruise Critic posters!

Rocket4Oh

DW and I had a wonderful cruise onboard the Nautica last September. Greek Isles Odyssey was 12 days of perfect weather and an overabundance of activities.

There were very few hiccups during the trip because most of the bumps that usually crop up with a trip like this were smoothed out well before the trip by the fantastic Cruise Critic readers, bloggers and very experienced cruisers. We owe a huge debt of gratitude to all who were patient enough to answer all of our questions and give great guidance in any and all activities that were part of this trip.

To help repay this debt in a small way I have created a number of shipboard related video clips from or trip and uploaded them to Youtube dot com. I think that these can be used by other cruisers who are new to Oceania and new to cruising.

Let me state right here and now THE ENTIRE CRUISE WAS (ALMOST) FLAWLESS FROM START TO FINISH. The service aboard was excellent, the food extremely good: fresh, plentiful and perfect sized portions, the crew was superlatively pleasant and responsive…DW and I are now officially spoiled! {We would like to take two other cruises and hope that Oceania has the itineraries that they have now so we can sail on one of her fleet: Norwegian Fiords/North Cape and South Pacific)

Here’s the videos that I’ve posted:

Ship’s tour:

Restaurants:

Getting on and off the ship:

Concierge level stateroom tour (and lifeboat drill segment)

Other shipboard activities:

I will be posting more about the trip in the very near future. My apologies for such a long delay in getting this done.

Once again, thank you all especially Don, StanandJim (aka JimandStan), Lyn {LTH28} and so many more.

Keith

PS: There are some decent beers served. In addition to the standard Corona, Miller Lite, Sam Adams lager, etc. you can get Guinness (cans only) and Grolsch. Prices aren’t too bad either. “Standard” are $4.50 and premiums (Grolsch & Guinness) are $6.00

Thanks for posting. The videos are FANTASTIC, and the two of you are very cute. :D

It looks like you were taping during a sea day? If so, wow, the ship looks almost empty. Decisions, decisions, which beautiful spot should I choose.

Thanks so much for evoking such memories of "O."

I hope that soon we will have a similar presentation from the Marina. I think that, from initial reports, it is even more beautiful than the "R" ships.

Glad you enjoyed the cruise

You will enjoy the Norway cruise we did that last year

Just to help make up your mind a few photos ;)

http://travel.webshots.com/album/578380757xQcCBv

Lyn

Lyn,

Enjoyed your photos. It looks like a great trip. Several questions: what time of year did you go (not many people around the pool in the later photos!)? Would you have gone a different time of year if you could?

What was the significance of the monument with the latitude: 71 degrees, 33 minutes, 21 seconds N? I know that the Arctic Cirlce is further south...66ish degrees. When you cross the Arctic Circle does the ship have a "Blue Nose" initiation ceremony?

k

Lyn,

Enjoyed your photos. It looks like a great trip. Several questions: what time of year did you go (not many people around the pool in the later photos!)?

we went July/August

Would you have gone a different time of year if you could? it was fine then we did have good seas earlier may have been nice also

I think they go in June this year

What was the significance of the monument with the latitude: 71 degrees, 33 minutes, 21 seconds N? I know that the Arctic Cirlce is further south...66ish degrees. When you cross the Arctic Circle does the ship have a "Blue Nose" initiation ceremony?

k

The Meridian column was to do with them making a survey of the earth or something like that :D

This may help http://www.cruiseeurope.com/ports/hammerfest

http://wwp.greenwichmeridian.com/line.htm

I do not recall a ceremony but we did receive a certificate

Maybe I missed the ceremony I will look through my Currents

Lyn

Lyn,

When you cross the Arctic Circle does the ship have a "Blue Nose" initiation ceremony?

k

OK the certificate was for Cruising the Ice Barrier 80 degrees 30 min N

no ceremony noted

Whew ...glad I did not miss it

lyn

OK the certificate was for Cruising the Ice Barrier 80 degrees 30 min N

no ceremony noted

Whew ...glad I did not miss it

lyn

Lyn, We had some sort of celebration/ceremony thing out on the pool deck with FREE champagne for everyone. It was during the day with the Captain making a speech, band playing with flags across the pool etc.1303190153_POOLDECKWHENCROSSINGTHEPOLARBARRIER.jpg.204b340f26c295d9ef3af31316b2c7dd.jpgetc.

Maybe it was for some other event. Too long ago to remember. Maybe someone else will remember what this picture was about. Now counting the days until our Marina cruise. 92 days and counting down.

Lyn, We had some sort of celebration/ceremony thing out on the pool deck with FREE champagne for everyone. It was during the day with the Captain making a speech, band playing with flags across the pool etc.

You are right

Now I remember but is was too chilly for me outside :)

Mike thinks it was for crossing the Arctic circle

Thanks for the memories :D

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I watched all of your videos at least three times each and then my husband and I watched them together, too.

We have a concierge cabin booked on the Regatta for later this year and it was especially helpful to have your detailed tour. I love how your wife was so enthusiastic about all the shelves. I am a needer of shelves and the more storage the better.

The only thing I don't really like in any of the R ships that I have seen is the under-sink area in the bathrooms of most of the cabins. It looks so spartan. I hate looking at pipes and plastic-looking things. I wish they had closed off the area with cabinetry. It looks like HAL's under sink area. Bah. I think they could still do that with a retrofit, and i wish they would.

We really have a good feel for the ship now, thanks to you. I hope you go on the Marina soon. :)

DW and I had a wonderful cruise onboard the Nautica last September. Greek Isles Odyssey was 12 days of perfect weather and an overabundance of activities.

There were very few hiccups during the trip because most of the bumps that usually crop up with a trip like this were smoothed out well before the trip by the fantastic Cruise Critic readers, bloggers and very experienced cruisers. We owe a huge debt of gratitude to all who were patient enough to answer all of our questions and give great guidance in any and all activities that were part of this trip.

To help repay this debt in a small way I have created a number of shipboard related video clips from or trip and uploaded them to Youtube dot com. I think that these can be used by other cruisers who are new to Oceania and new to cruising.

Let me state right here and now THE ENTIRE CRUISE WAS (ALMOST) FLAWLESS FROM START TO FINISH. The service aboard was excellent, the food extremely good: fresh, plentiful and perfect sized portions, the crew was superlatively pleasant and responsive…DW and I are now officially spoiled! {We would like to take two other cruises and hope that Oceania has the itineraries that they have now so we can sail on one of her fleet: Norwegian Fiords/North Cape and South Pacific)

Here’s the videos that I’ve posted:

Ship’s tour:

Restaurants:

Getting on and off the ship:

Concierge level stateroom tour (and lifeboat drill segment)

Other shipboard activities:

I will be posting more about the trip in the very near future. My apologies for such a long delay in getting this done.

Once again, thank you all especially Don, StanandJim (aka JimandStan), Lyn {LTH28} and so many more.

Keith

PS: There are some decent beers served. In addition to the standard Corona, Miller Lite, Sam Adams lager, etc. you can get Guinness (cans only) and Grolsch. Prices aren’t too bad either. “Standard” are $4.50 and premiums (Grolsch & Guinness) are $6.00

Rocket40h, Thank you so much for the videos!

They brought back wonderful memories! Great job!!!

Judy:D

Having learned SO much on Cruise Critic before our trip I am extremely happy that a 'first time' cruiser (??or to Oceania??) was able to take a virtual tour of the ship. It makes the hours of putting together the videos well worth it.

Part of my self-imposed 'dues' in gleaning all of the CC info was to be a cruise report. I had already typed up about 8 pages of info and was only through about 1/3 of our trip - it was going to be monstrous!:rolleyes:

Yesterday, I wanted to add to the diary and couldn't find my document anywhere on my computer. I've done all of the searches and it is nowhere to be found! Being entirely frustrated, I was contemplating not doing a CC trip report but with your request you've inspired me to do an executive summary. It'll take some time but keep a look out here on the Oceania board as well as the Reviews section.

Not being certain of your time table, I would still strongly suggest 2 days in Athens and at least 3 in Istanbul (pre/post cruise)

Great Videos! We are doing the same cruise this September, would appreciate any tips you have for the different ports.:)

Part of my self-imposed 'dues' in gleaning all of the CC info was to be a cruise report. I had already typed up about 8 pages of info and was only through about 1/3 of our trip - it was going to be monstrous!:rolleyes:

Yesterday, I wanted to add to the diary and couldn't find my document anywhere on my computer. I've done all of the searches and it is nowhere to be found! Being entirely frustrated, I was contemplating not doing a CC trip report but with your request you've inspired me to do an executive summary. It'll take some time but keep a look out here on the Oceania board as well as the Reviews section.

Try doing a global search ("find" or command-F on a Mac) of your own computer with a particular phrase that you are certain is in your document, something unique, and that should lead you right to it.

Good luck! :)

Archived