1A's Before Price Hike & FCC's - Important

afcj1

If you booked at the pre-change rate (150%) AND you have a FCC that has been applied, please check your docs to verify that your original price didn't change.

I had my FCC applied yesterday and my cruise price (on my CCL docs) jumped up significantly:eek::eek:

I called CCL and after a couple of emails to a PVP, I was advised that the change was corrected. Unfortunately when I checked the docs this AM, the price was still off :rolleyes:

I called CCL and after 30+ minutes on the phone with them, they discovered that when my FCC was applied, it kicked my price up to the 200%:eek::eek: It's definitely fixed now, but I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have a copy of my original booking receipt.

So if you use a FCC, make sure that you have a copy of your original receipt and then check your docs.

Hope this helps someone else:)

I had $260 OBC showing and saw a $20 price drop. After the price drop I had $243 and my PVP who usually is so good said she didnt apply the price drop, so she didnt know what OBC I had before .. I had depended on her to know..

I lost my OBC by not knowing what all it was for, and having it documented by my PVP .. so I learned my lesson now too .. if it looks like you got OBC for ?? add it up .. might be better off not submitting that price drop.

I also was cruising alone as you are .. and was told to not mention the 2nd pax listed would be a no show .. when I arrived at the port I though ok, I can tell them now .. it locked up my booking .. they never did get back into it.

And if you are at the 150% .. people are reporting they cant submit price drops at the old 150% .. that Carnival kicks you up to 200% for the comparison anyway.

Carnival just is no longer my cup of tea for booking as a solo .. no longer the best deal $$$ wise.

This happened for my Magic cruise and it was the 1st time I had ever asked for someone to email me a confirmation after booking. I now learned my lesson...always ask for an email confirming your booking and rate.

Archived