Question for BookBabe

Bravedasher

On your recommendation we are going on a Stingray City tour (Moby Dick Tours) when we arrive in March on a cruiseship. After the tour we will be wet and salty and hungry. Would you recommend eating lunch at Corita's Copper Kettle before going back to the ship? Or is there something else easy near downtown that would be better? Thanks for your help!

The Moby bus dropped us near the port at Rachman's (sp? :confused:) where mentioning Moby Dick gets you happy hour prices and the conch fritters were great. 5 minute walk/10 minute stumble back to the tenders. :rolleyes: Good luck! :)

While I haven't eaten at Corita's myself, I know DrewSailbum has given it good reviews as a "locals" eatery. I've found his opinions to be very knowledgeable, so it would likely be a good choice.

Most of the downtown restaurants I've eaten lunch in have been the more "tourist-y" ones...Breezes, Al La Kebab, Margaritaville, Hard Rock, etc. They've all been good...IMO, anyway.

Along the Seven Mile Beach stretch, our favourite lunch spots are Eats, Thai Orchid, Lone Star, Triple Crown, Royal Palms and Chicken Chicken.

Menus and locations can be found here:

http://www.caymangoodtaste.com/index.asp

I would choose by the convenience of their location and the type of food you're interested in...for example, while I love Thai Orchid, if you don't like thai food or sushi, you're not likely to share my opinion. :D

Archived