Colonia de Sacremento

Rainbow3fe

Planning a day trip from Buenos Aires to Colonia de Sacremento by Fast Ferry. Is it worthwhile to spend the extra money to return on the 9:30 PM ferry? Is there enough to do during the day to warrant staying for dinner? Does anyone have dining recommendations? I think that maybe returning on the 8 PM might be enough. We are walkers and love to explore. Thanks.

Planning a day trip from Buenos Aires to Colonia de Sacremento by Fast Ferry. Is it worthwhile to spend the extra money to return on the 9:30 PM ferry? Is there enough to do during the day to warrant staying for dinner? Does anyone have dining recommendations? I think that maybe returning on the 8 PM might be enough. We are walkers and love to explore. Thanks.

It's a charming town but I would be ready to return by 8PM (if not sooner) -YMMV.

Have a nice dinner in BA instead.

Can second, third, fourth the opinions given above. Four to five hours should be sufficient, it actually didn't take that long to wander round, have lunch (worst food in two months in South America), climb up the lighthouse and eat ice cream (so good). It took around 15 to 20 minutes to walk into town from the ferry.

Archived