Brought your own photographer onboard??

Tiffany1203

Has anyone ever done or considered hiring your own photographer to bring on board for your wedding??

I'm nervous to use carnivals just because I know they arent professional wedding exclusive photographers. Not to mention lighting. Ive seen alot of wedding pictures and seeing the shade/black area behind the couple while they are saying their vowels bugs me as well. :confused:

I have a family friend sailing with our group that happens to be a photographer!!! :) I was jumping for joy when I found this out and his friend thats going with him, is also a photographer! They both offered to do pictures so I am taking it!!! I am still getting Princess to do what comes in the package but becides that the other guys will be doing it. They will stay out of the way of Princess' photographer when they are around but still get pictures. :D

I had the same thoughts too...

So, I asked if I could request that a photographer not take pics at my wedding. I said the pics were too expensive and I would have family members take the pics. (I have photographer friends) She said it would be fine but they would not be allowed to be on stage during the ceremony. However we decided that we would splurge on the photos so we went with the onboard photographer. We were pleasntly surprise with the pics!

BUT We did have my friend(who is a prfessional wedding videographer) video tape our wedding. He brought his professional camera/lapel microphone for the groom (no other equipment) Him and his wife were sailing guests too. He just had issues with the photographer standing in his way but other than that he wasn't asked to put his camera away.

Archived