Southampton: where to buy Wine?

cruzisme

Hi all,

we are staying overnight in Southampton and would like to purchase some wine before boarding.

suggestions as to where to purchase?

thanks!

All the major supermarkets in Southampton carry a decent selection of wines.

Depends on your hotel & cruise terminal, but Asda (subsidiary of Walmart) in Portland Terrace is convenient for most cruisers. Google-earth now shows its location correctly. Portland Terrace is on higher ground than the retail park/hotels behind it, to access the rear entrance via the walkway over Western Parade, use the multi-storey carpark elevator opposite the coach station, on the spur of Harbour Parade. Check out google-earth & you'll see what I mean.

Or ask at your hotel reception.

John Bull

John Bull is right on the money. He recommended us to use Asda last August. Prices were reasonable. We came in on the train. My husband stayed with the luggage while I went in search of the wine. I took some sort of a shuttle bus(free) up to Asda--there were some Brits who helped me figure this out. I purchased my four bottles of wine--I could have bought more but didn't think I could carry any more than that without breaking the bottles. The selections were unbelievable. I then walked back down to the train station where we then took a taxi to the port. It was quite simple really. We ended up not drinking one of the bottles so gave it to friends we made on the ship. Listen to John Bull--he knows how to do this!!!

Pearl

Archived