Where is Budget Rental/PT. Everglades

rhiannon35

I just booked a post-cruise car from Budget at a terminal the website calls its "Pt. Everglades" location. Address is : QUAY PLAZA/PORT EVERGLADES

1515B SOUTHEAST 17 ST CAUSEWAY

Does anyone know where this is and if it's within walking distance from port?

I just booked a post-cruise car from Budget at a terminal the website calls its "Pt. Everglades" location. Address is : QUAY PLAZA/PORT EVERGLADES

1515B SOUTHEAST 17 ST CAUSEWAY

Does anyone know where this is and if it's within walking distance from port?

Yes, I know where it is, we have been there several times. It is very close to Port Everglades, but not walkable. The ride over via shuttle or taxi is 5 minutes or less.

Yes you could walk, depending on what terminal you were at. They also run a SMALL shuttle van from the port. I use this facility to drop off vehicles before a cruise, however, after the cruise I go to the airport. The last time I picked up a car at the Quay facility I was waiting in line over an hour, after it took quite a wait to get on the van. If my memory serves me correctly, got off ship around 9:30 AM, finally got car around 1pm. This was about 3 years ago.

Budget is in the plaza next door to the Renaissance Hotel, which is at the NW corner of 17th and Eisenhower. If one was arriving on a Princess ship, and that ship docked at terminal 2 (not all Princess ships do if it's busy), then that plaza is an okay walk. You'd go straight out of the terminal, turn right at Eisenhower, go to the lights, cross the road, turn left and you're there. I wouldn't bother trying to walk from any of the other cruise terminals, which are further south into the port from there.

Archived