P&O Arcadia moving to Sydney?

kiwi sailor

I doubt Australia can handle many more Ships and still fill them.

Most work out of Sydney and they have more than they can fill now.

There are only 3 main destinations to Cruise to so the selling of each destination gets harder.

North Queensland

Pacific Islands

New Zealand.

Add the odd around Australia or Melbourne/Tassie Cruise.

Its a set Menu and many Cruisers are return passengers that do not want to see the sights of Noumea or Vila again.

As I live in Western Australia I live in hope that more ships will mean more sailings from Fremantle, have been on two now out of Freo on Sun Princess to Asia, there are a lot of ports within a relatively short distance, sea is usually calmish once you get up the WA coast, but after 4 seasons Princess are sending both their ships on world/long cruises in 2012 and as far as I can tell it will be Pacific Sun or nothing and I am not tempted to try that out.

As I live in Western Australia I live in hope that more ships will mean more sailings from Fremantle, have been on two now out of Freo on Sun Princess to Asia, there are a lot of ports within a relatively short distance, sea is usually calmish once you get up the WA coast, but after 4 seasons Princess are sending both their ships on world/long cruises in 2012 and as far as I can tell it will be Pacific Sun or nothing and I am not tempted to try that out.

Hi Witchymob, Western Australia provides an accessible gateway to a number of fantastic ports and with flights being much more affordable these days I find it a bit surprising that you don't have more ships cruising from there.

I think there are only short seasons from Pacific Sun and Athena and the occasional visit from Princess which doesn't give you much choice. But spare a thought for Melbourne, they don't even have that.

Lets hope with these other ships coming and providing so much additional passenger capacity, that you guys get a better service.

Jenny

Could be confusion?? Before she became Ocean Village, Pacific Pearl WAS Arcadia.

I agree, I think that's the answer exactly.

The current Arcadia is a new ship and I wouldn't imagine for one minute that P & O UK would send a new ship down here.....if they did, that would be a first...:rolleyes:

Jillybean:)

Archived