P&O Arcadia moving to Sydney?

kiwi sailor

No, but I wouldn't pay too much attention. Last Feb, several staff members assured us the Pacific Dawn was going back to Sydney and the Jewel was coming to Brisbane, after the Pac Dawn's refurb last May! They all kept straight faces, too. :)

A couple of old timer crew members on the Pearl have heard that P&O UK's Arcadia will be replacing Pacific Sun in 2012. Anyone else been told this?

Could be confusion?? Before she became Ocean Village, Pacific Pearl WAS Arcadia.

I would be very surprised if Arcadia was transferred to Australia. I note she is in the Sydney ports list for 2013 so presumably a world cruise is being organised for her that year. There have been rumours about her being moved ever since she was given to P&O UK. Wouldn't be surprised if Oceana was the next to be transferred out here as we already have the rest of the Sun class ships either full time or part time. Will be interesting to see if anything eventuates.

A couple of old timer crew members on the Pearl have heard that P&O UK's Arcadia will be replacing Pacific Sun in 2012. Anyone else been told this?

Joining the P&O Australia fleet? If that shes still young and with no ships on order I dont think they would get rid of another ship if anything they could send the cursed Aurora or Oriana

This would be fantastic news if it were true, this ship was launched in 2005 (I think) and Pacific sun is well past it's use by date.

Paul

I totally agree with you, I love the Oriana she is my favourite of the current cruise ships. I guess Aurora would be OK too.

Jenny

She looks a lovely ship, Jenny. It is very interesting to read Barry's Blog. People seem to prefer Oriana to Arcadia although the Arcadia is much newer. (In all spheres of life, it seems newer is not necessarily better. :rolleyes: )

oh :(

Yup, sorry to say, I have the Princess atlas and it shows the Sea Princess doing her San Fransisco to Sydney in reverse in April 2012, but who knows it could change, I think Princess should have sold the Sun or the Dawn to P&O Australia instead of selling the Royal Princess to P&O UK, guess the babies are too small or not pulling in enough money

I would be very surprised if Arcadia was transferred to Australia. I note she is in the Sydney ports list for 2013 so presumably a world cruise is being organised for her that year. There have been rumours about her being moved ever since she was given to P&O UK. Wouldn't be surprised if Oceana was the next to be transferred out here as we already have the rest of the Sun class ships either full time or part time. Will be interesting to see if anything eventuates.

Actually there was a rumor she might be sold and another to be sold to P&O Australia it was under P&O UK thread heres the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1339276&highlight=

Very interesting thread, ideally would like to see ships that are different rather than sister ships, I think it would be a bit boring to have all the Sun class ships we already have the Pacific Dawn and Jewel that are sister ships. Hope one day Oriana will be sent here, but don't think she will think she doesn't carry enough passengers and one day she will be the "small" P&O UK ship.

I doubt Australia can handle many more Ships and still fill them.

Most work out of Sydney and they have more than they can fill now.

There are only 3 main destinations to Cruise to so the selling of each destination gets harder.

North Queensland

Pacific Islands

New Zealand.

Add the odd around Australia or Melbourne/Tassie Cruise.

Its a set Menu and many Cruisers are return passengers that do not want to see the sights of Noumea or Vila again.

As much as I enjoy the Sun class of ships, I don't think I could stand another one of them, I like enjoying something new each time and the Sun class seem way to familiar to me now!

As for them sending Arcadia here, who knows, Carnival Spirit came as a massive shock to me so it is possible. I definitely wouldn't hold my breath for it though, we all know how many rumours on ships actually turn out to be true :p

As much as I enjoy the Sun class of ships, I don't think I could stand another one of them, I like enjoying something new each time and the Sun class seem way to familiar to me now!

As for them sending Arcadia here, who knows, Carnival Spirit came as a massive shock to me so it is possible. I definitely wouldn't hold my breath for it though, we all know how many rumours on ships actually turn out to be true :p

I think Americans or at least me would enjoy having one of them back and to the Caribbean with smaller sailings than 14 Day cruise the Sea Princess is doing

Archived