Small Inflatable Pool for kiddies on ship

CleoSushi

Hi all,

First of all thanks to all the parents in this section who has been very helpful in helping me plan my son's first cruise :)

One more question lol, ive read in various threads that some parents take inflatable pools on the ship for their little ones who are not potty train to have fun by the kids pool area. Now we are currently in the process of potty training our DS and he will be 2 1/2 by the time our cruise on RCCL Serenade comes up but just in case i want to make sure he has some pool time even if its in the little inflatable one.

Are there any regulations regarding having one of these by the kiddie pool? Any restrictions? Is there a place to fill up the pool on the deck?

Thanks,

We brought an inflatable bath tub from Babies r' Us for baths as there is no tub in the bathroom in our cabin. We did not use it on the deck by the pool, but others told me that you can set it near one of the drains on the deck., ask the bartender for a bucket (from the bucket of beers) and use the shower to get water. Then when you are done empty it into the drain on the deck.

Or, a plastic cup or small bucket (that you'd bring for beach use) will suffice...those little pools don't need much water...just enough to 'splash'!

Folks do it all the time....the pools are small enough to fit near or between your lounge chairs!

Just don't empty the pool into the ship's swimming pool! There should be a floor drain or outdoor shower drain to use.

If you have a balcony, you can put it out there, too. Fill it with a bucket and drain it into the shower. We did this because I was afraid my little one would not be happy seeing the big pool and not being allowed in. It worked out great because even her big sister (age 4) didn't want to go in the big pool (scary dinosaur). So they both had a great time on the balcony. We had bubbles, paint brushes, watering cans, and plastic cups.

GEDC0935.JPG

If you have a balcony, you can put it out there, too. Fill it with a bucket and drain it into the shower. We did this because I was afraid my little one would not be happy seeing the big pool and not being allowed in. It worked out great because even her big sister (age 4) didn't want to go in the big pool (scary dinosaur). So they both had a great time on the balcony. We had bubbles, paint brushes, watering cans, and plastic cups.

GEDC0935.JPG

This is awesome, thanks so much.

Great pic :)

• 3 months later...

We took one for our 10 month old last September..$5 from Walmart (threw it away when done), and she had so much fun!! She will be old enough this next cruise, but we will bring another along so she can splash on the balcony when we dont want to take her down to the pool.She is pretty fair so she doesnt need that much sun!

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone,

Like a lot of people I'm thinking of taking the inflatable pool on our cruise in December aboard RCCL Explorer of the Seas. Has anyone put their pool on the deck, if so, did you encounter any problems? We have a small inflatable pool that we got at the dollar store that we can just get rid of after (if it lasts that long), just want to know if I should expect problems from the pool deck staff.

Archived