will Camp Carnival help potty training toddler?

girlie_girl

My little man is 2yr4mo. and is in the process of potty training so that he can swim in the pools. He does great, however, he needs help with his pants and also with wiping and washing his hands. Do the counselors in Camp Carnival assist with that and also will they remind him to go to the potty or should I go every hour and take him myself? We will be leaving on Carnival Triumph on Feb. 17th and I know he will have a BLAST in CC!!

I might be wrong but I thought they had to be completly potty trained.

I know that on Carnival they will/do change diapers. My ds is potty trained (especially #2) but sometimes when he is playing hard and having a good time, he waits til the last minute and then doesn't make it (for #1). So, if he is having a good ol' time in their, I tend to think he will need to be reminded/persuaded to go potty and with that he needs help. So really i just need to know that they can go in with him and assist with clothes and wiping.

I found they were very good with reminding them to go to the bathroom often. But as for when accidents happen I have had two totally different experiences (different ships). Once they made her stand in the bathroom till I got there and the other time they just helped her clean up and I didn't even have to come back. So I guess it will depend on the ship & staff that you get.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't know, just for health code reasons. I know here most preschools (not daycares, but preschools) they can't help wipe and such, according to health codes.

Since Carnival will change diapers, I don't see how helping a potty trainee wipe is any different.

The question in my mind is, are we reasonable to expect the staff to help potty train? Diaper changing is one thing, but it seems above and beyond to expect the staff to dedicate themselves to potty train.

Would it confuse the child much if the potty training was put on hold for a week? (serious question, not a suggestion.)

Would it confuse the child much if the potty training was put on hold for a week? (serious question, not a suggestion.)

The OP mentions wanting to use the pools, so I think her course is kinda set on potty training that week.

Since Carnival will change diapers, I don't see how helping a potty trainee wipe is any different.

The question in my mind is, are we reasonable to expect the staff to help potty train? Diaper changing is one thing, but it seems above and beyond to expect the staff to dedicate themselves to potty train.

Yeah, I wouldn't put the potty-training on hold...you don't want to have to deal with that when you get back home! :) I would just wait till you get to the ship and ask the camp staff. If they can't help in the bathroom, then maybe go every couple of hours and help him. Or try working with him at home before you go.

I used to work in a daycare while I was in college and I could swear we used to help the toddlers and preschoolers in the bathroom. But I know they don't help my toddler when she's at school now. So maybe health codes have changed?

Anyway, don't stop the potty-training! It could set you back months :)

When we went on Carnival daughter was 2yr 2months and finishing toilet training. I always brought a bag with a change of clothes and diaper and wipes when I dropped her off. They labeled the bag with her name and had it just in case. Also we had a phone checked out to us, that they could always calll us on while on the ship should they need. Since daughter was so young, we never left her for more than 2 hours at a time. She had a great time and never had an issue. We also always made sure to go right before going to the club and right after.

Have fun and don't stress yourself out over it!

The only cruise we took while we were potty training was on Celebrity. They didn't "do" diapers at all. I just made frequent visits to the kids club every hour and half or so to take her myself. Worse case scenario, you could do something like that.

Archived