Eek

oooohDonna

Thanks for all the insight :) He will kill me if he knows I talked about this on here :eek: Don't tell....LOL!

He is at emergency room right now getting pumped with fluid and pain meds and I'm sure they'll do a CT scan too. They DID give him a Flomax!

I left him there to come back to work to finish up my last minute stuff. He's good in lala land ;) and yes, thank God didn't happen Sunday!! Or Monday or, or, or.....

I was just freaking out because he was in soooo much pain. thinking how is he going to go with so much pain! Now just have to talk the doctor into giving him GOOD pain meds, not the wimpy ones!!

What better place to pass a kidney stone than on a cruise ship, right :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the insight :) He will kill me if he knows I talked about this on here :eek: Don't tell....LOL!

He is at emergency room right now getting pumped with fluid and pain meds and I'm sure they'll do a CT scan too. They DID give him a Flomax!

I left him there to come back to work to finish up my last minute stuff. He's good in lala land ;) and yes, thank God didn't happen Sunday!! Or Monday or, or, or.....

I was just freaking out because he was in soooo much pain. thinking how is he going to go with so much pain! Now just have to talk the doctor into giving him GOOD pain meds, not the wimpy ones!!

What better place to pass a kidney stone than on a cruise ship, right :rolleyes:

I dont know that I would go anywhere with a kidney stone. I have had a few and the pain was absolutely the worst. the only thing that relieved the pain was a morphine drip in the hospital. They sent me home 2 different times-the 3rd time within that same week, they kept me there and had to do a lithotrypsy, because it would not pass-was stuck between my kidney and bladder-they also inserted a temporary stent to help pass the fragments. The pain meds they sent me home with knocked me out.

If it flares up on the ship, I am not sure what they could do for him.

Good luck and I hope he passes it now and can be done with it all before your cruise.

I think the OP is referring to a previous post she wrote. I found this posted by her earlier:

"What should we/I do? Hubby just got a kidney stone TODAY!! In severe pain....OMG! Yes going dr/hosp, but nothing can be done but pain relief till it passes. OMG...should he cruise and just wait for it to pass? And hope for strong pain meds to keep him comfortable?

What would any of you do? Crap!!"

To the OP (original poster): I wish your husband the best! I hope he feels better so you two can enjoy your cruise. I'm so sorry this has happened just before you are to leave.

Hate to burst your bubble but unless you have had a kidney stone you can't even begin to imagine how painful it is. It was the worst pain I have ever experienced. I have a very high tolerance for pain. Woke up in the middle of the night, DH took one look at me and said I am taking you to emergency. This was without me saying a word. It is worse for men because it has to pass thru a narrower tube. Hopefully he will pass it while in the emergency room.

Geez...you're chancing it if that stone doesn't pass prior to cruising. The strongest pain meds around barely cut the pain of passing a stone.

Also, if you still go on the cruise before he passes the stone, you better make sure you have travel insurance that covers medical!! You might end up in some 3rd-world country hospital or end up going to the ship doctor and getting charged a small fortune!!:eek:

Don'tknow what was in previous thread but I know what I would do and I PERSONALLY would not think of cruise if my husband was going through this. He probably feels he should suck it and go when he should be staying home and hope the pain goes away and no complications set in. I hope she thinks back to when she had a baby and her husbands says "get over it honey we sail on Sunday" - wouldnt happen.

OMGosh! He should not go! I had one a few years ago, it was the size of a marble! I had to have it blasted twice and had a stint. And I ended up with a urinary infection because of the stint. I hope I NEVER have another one!! Tell him to drink lemonade. Good luck to him!

Archived