upgrade fairy and have a quick ?

pinkteamx3

Hi all... need quick help. Got a call from Carnival but am at work so wasn't able to pick up. They are offering an upgrade to the Grand Penthouse Suite on my up coming cruise on the Paradise. I just dont wanna pay too much. All opinions welcome.

What $ amount would be your max for the upgrade offered?

You're welcome. I had my cruise booked for almost a year before we left, and watched all of the prices go up and down. After knowing that...that's how I arrived at the $200. We were in an inside Porthole on the Paradise, and we had a blast, so being where you are...it'll still be a great cruise!

Hope they call me.. I am in an inside on upper on the March 11th, 3 day cruise on Paradise.. It's my 50th bday.. I might splurge.. Id be happy with any suite. I booked the cruise at $735.26 for 2 now it's at $665.26 with $70 obc. If they offer what would be good for a suite?

You're welcome. I had my cruise booked for almost a year before we left, and watched all of the prices go up and down. After knowing that...that's how I arrived at the $200. We were in an inside Porthole on the Paradise, and we had a blast, so being where you are...it'll still be a great cruise!

I think when we booked there was over 300 days to wait. Now we are down to 23. It really went quick. I did a mock booking and the price for those big suites was $587.00 more then what we paid for our cruise total. When we booked it was $504 pp up until recencely they were over $700pp. They have gone down a tad but I am sure glad we booked when we did. Only increases since then. I am happy where we are so for a couple hundred it might be worth getting the penthouse but not any more then that.

Hi all... need quick help. Got a call from Carnival but am at work so wasn't able to pick up. They are offering an upgrade to the Grand Penthouse Suite on my up coming cruise on the Paradise. I just dont wanna pay too much. All opinions welcome.

What $ amount would be your max for the upgrade offered?

Just got a call to. Called back and they wanted $800 !!!!!:eek:

5 night cruise.....way too much for an upgrade !!!!:eek:

Charleyann

I personally will only take an upgrade and not an upsell unless it was reallllly good. With the upsell my reason is that if I wanted and could afford it in the first place then I would book it - if they offer it to me I put it into perspective what will that money buy me. If it will buy a couple of excursions, pay down my S&S card then I will pass. Those who take it have their reasons and willing to pay for it.

Hope they call me.. I am in an inside on upper on the March 11th, 3 day cruise on Paradise.. It's my 50th bday.. I might splurge.. Id be happy with any suite. I booked the cruise at $735.26 for 2 now it's at $665.26 with $70 obc. If they offer what would be good for a suite?

Wow...on a three day cruise, from Inside to a Suite? I'd probably go a little over $200 (the OP was booked OV so that's why I didn't recommend going over $200) but any more than that seems spendy for 3 days.

DH and I only paid $358.00 total (without tax and port charges - that's for two people) for the Inside Porthole Room if that shows you where I'm coming from.

Next time there's a price drop...if there is...think about upgrading instead of taking the OBC - that will help.

Archived