Confused about rates

vkirkley

OK so I booked a cruise on an ESR that has now dropped. I had already turned in a form and when I did, they lowered my cruise by $650.00 which makes my total lower than the current book rate but my individual cruise rates are actually higher than what is on the pp rate on fareviewer.

They are charging 900 or so for an adult and around 500 for my kids. When I look today the rate is $799 for an adult but there doesn't seem to be the mark down for the kids.

Should I just leave it alone and be happy?

Thanks for the advice!

You need to compare the total fare (not including port taxes and fees) on a new booking to the total fare on your booking (look at your cruise documents - they'll break it down).

If the total fare is lower, ask for the obc difference.

Also, start a booking for 2 people and compare that to your first 2 pax rate. Carnival has gone to an "average" of all pax showing on the website - so to see the full breakdown you'd have to go to a different travel website like expe*** or orbi** to see the second and third pax prices. It's easier to do it right on the Carnival site for me - just make sure you log out and click the "not (your name)" button first.

We booked last week and paid in full for a March sailing with a Carnival agent. The total price dropped $140 but when I called to ask about an OBC she said that because we used a past guest rate and have paid in full there can be no OBC. All she could give me was a cabin upgrade to a higher deck. We specifically chose our deck and do not want to move up.

My question is.....No other recourse for an OBC?

We booked last week and paid in full for a March sailing with a Carnival agent. The total price dropped $140 but when I called to ask about an OBC she said that because we used a past guest rate and have paid in full there can be no OBC. All she could give me was a cabin upgrade to a higher deck. We specifically chose our deck and do not want to move up.

Afraid not, the only way to get onboard credit after final payment

is by booking with the Early Saver Rate.

If you booked Early Saver you can get price drops up to two business days before sailing. If you booked other rates, you can only get price drops up to the Final Payment deadline (you CAN ask for an upgrade if your non-ES fare drops after Final Payment deadline). ken

You need to compare the total fare (not including port taxes and fees) on a new booking to the total fare on your booking (look at your cruise documents - they'll break it down).

If the total fare is lower, ask for the obc difference.

Also, start a booking for 2 people and compare that to your first 2 pax rate. Carnival has gone to an "average" of all pax showing on the website - so to see the full breakdown you'd have to go to a different travel website like expe*** or orbi** to see the second and third pax prices. It's easier to do it right on the Carnival site for me - just make sure you log out and click the "not (your name)" button first.

common misconception .. but port taxes are included in the cruisefare.. the add on taxes and fees do not include port fees.

Archived