Need Help CCL Splendor Forward Bal Cabin Question

windham depot

Hi! I could really use some help with our cabin choice. My husband and I have cabin 6207 a Handicap Accessible cabin(yes I do need the use of this cabin)on the Carnival Splendor. It is a forward cabin right above the Theater on Deck 5. My question is this, there is a large white open area beneath us on the Deck Plan in front of the Theater I don't know what this space is and I was really hoping someone could tell me what this area might be and whether or not we should be worried. Thank you so much for any help.

We're booked in a similar location on the Magic, sailing on Aug 26th, cabin 6201. I asked my PVP what that white space below us was, and he said it is dressing rooms for the performers in the theatre. He said the performances should be done by 11 or so, and we won't have a lot of noise below us after that.

Hi gagirl96, Thank you so much for your response, you have helped to put my mind at ease. This is our first Carnival cruise in more than 10 years and I didn't need a HC cabin back then. I am also very nervous about the motion of the ship this far forward. The other lines we have cruised have their Hc cabins midship. Do you know how rough it is in a Forward cabin? I really appreciate your help.

I've only cruised once before, and I was midship and had no problems. But everything I've read has said we will feel a lot of motion in the forward cabins. One post said the waves sounded like steel hitting steel when they crashed into the front of the ship, so now I'm rethinking my cabin selection.

The cabin we have is a balcony and I need the HC cabin. Carnival seems to have their HC cabins Forward and we also booked Early Saver so no changes for us. We are use to Midship. If we don't like forward we won't do it again. I wear a patch for motion sickness so, hopefully it won't be to bad. What ever it's like I guess it doesn't really matter we're going anyway.

I did a search of posts for cabin 4J on Carnival, and I feel a lot better about it. Those were the posts that originally led me to that class. We wanted to save money on an interior room since we plan on spending most of our time and money on excursions, but thought the obstructed view sounded like a good option. Have a great time on your cruise!

we also booked Early Saver so no changes for us. We are use to Midship. If we don't like forward we won't do it again. I wear a patch for motion sickness so, hopefully it won't be to bad. What ever it's like I guess it doesn't really matter we're going anyway.

even though booked as an ES rate you CAN change to the same category cabin or higher.

• 2 weeks later...
even though booked as an ES rate you CAN change to the same category cabin or higher.

Hi Serene 56, I can't change the cabin, it's a Handicapped Accessible cabin and I need an accessible cabin. Carnival seems to have the accessible cabins forward. I'm just trying to find out how rough the ride is when you have a cabin forward on the ship. Thanks for the help. It's very much appreciated.

I spent two weeks in cabin 7203 on Splendor. When the seas were a bit rough, the morion I felt was like we were hitting every pothole. Annoying, but not troublesome.

This is a picture of your balcony...Taken in Vancouver. There are windows below you, and stairs from the forward deck that say 'Crew Only', so I think below you are senior crew cabins. Dressing rooms for theater would be on deck 3. EM

253436068307_0_ALB.jpg

Archived