When is Mardi Gras?

spotter27

Do they do anything on the cruises anymore? I travel the end of march and beginning of april.That would be cool.

Fat Tuesday is March 8th this year so if you are sailing after you will have missed it. Although I am not sure how many ships do much for it any more. Hope this helps.

Our first Mardi Gras parade here in LA (Lower Alabama) was yesterday and will continue until Mardi Gras Day (March 8 this year). We sailed out of Mobile on the Holiday a few years ago, and we actually had a parade on board (no floats, but lots of crew members tossing throws).

What about returning to New Orleans on March 5? Will New Orleans be crazy then???

Scheduled New Orleans Parades for Saturday the 5th are:

10:45 A.M., NOMTOC, Westbank

11:00 A. M., Iris, Uptown

12:30 P.M., Tucks, Uptown

4:30 P.M., Endymoin, Uptown

6 P.M., Isis, Metairie

So, yes, it will be very busy and very crazy when we get back. Traffic may be a problem getting out of the port area. Hopefully not, but be prepared for it.

I asked John Heald about this on FB:

Just a quick wonder if the Inspiration will be celebrating any thing Mardi-Gras-ish in accordance to Cozumel celebrating theirs thru March 8th? Might we expect any funny masks and bead necklaces at one of the late night deck parties?

His answer:

Yes Lis, all of the above. There will be a big deck party and I promise...............loads of fun.

Archived