Resort Hopping in Puerto Vallarta

wallyboag

One of my favorite things to do in Las Vegas is to go from hotel to hotel checking out the amazing grounds and features of each resort along the way. I was looking at Trip Advisor and some of the hotels in PV look really neat! Is it possible to resort hop from hotel to hotel in Puerto Vallarta like you do on the Las Vegas Strip? If they are not in walking distance is it easy to catch a taxi from place to place? Do the hotels even allow you to tour their grounds if you are not staying there? Thanks for any info you guys are able to provide!

One of my favorite things to do in Las Vegas is to go from hotel to hotel checking out the amazing grounds and features of each resort along the way. I was looking at Trip Advisor and some of the hotels in PV look really neat! Is it possible to resort hop from hotel to hotel in Puerto Vallarta like you do on the Las Vegas Strip? If they are not in walking distance is it easy to catch a taxi from place to place? Do the hotels even allow you to tour their grounds if you are not staying there? Thanks for any info you guys are able to provide!

No it is different from Las vegas, where we also love to look around in various hotels.

Not only will you see some large appartmentbuildings, but also some Allin hotels. They will not allow you on their grounds. Some might if you buy an (expensive) hotelpass.

Some hotels like Sheraton, Fiesta Americana, Krystal etc. will allow you, to look around if you ask for it and/of have a drink/meal in their restaurant.

Taxi's (the yellow ones) are everywhere and cheap, but make a deal before getting in.

Or take one of the many buses with "Centro"on their window for 6.5 Pesos per ride.

Another nice thing to do is to go to the Malecon area, see the art there, also many restaurants and shops. Or go to Playa Los Muertos, have a drink/meal on the beach in old town.

Archived