What to do in Nassau if it Rains???

mrs.coach

When we cruises to Bermuda they were predicting rain for everyday of the four that we would be there. We never saw a drop. That being said, we always pack small collapsible umbrellas that we would use, if needed, to walk around the port

Assuming the weather and water is warm enough, take one of the catamaran snorkeling excursions. If you are going in the water, who cares about a little rain. Alternately, and I don't know if this excursion is available from your cruise, but the Sea & See tour would work. That is one of the semi-submarine reef cruisers, or you could try the glass bottom boat.

Really, it will only bother you if you let it. It has rained on us a bunch, but like has been recommended, we carry those small umbrellas. We also carry cheap slickers from Walmart. My mom used to tell me that I would not melt if I got wet. (She was meaning that I was not as sweet as sugar, which does melt.)

Nancy

We always take a small umbrella and a dollar store rain slick...which is mostly a piece of Saran wrap with a hood (LOL). It's our "sunshine insurance." If we take them, it doesn't rain. The only place we've ever had to break them out was in Maui. The umbrella caught the wind and got broken but our little saran wrap slicker had us "styling" around as if it were dry weather...at $1 each. My daughters made fun of me for buying these and swore I should leave them at home, as they would not be caught dead in them. They were the first to ask me to break them out!!!

Archived