Cruise ISNT happening...help!

hottie4ucmu

I'm really sad right now.....I'm scheduled to leave 3/7/05 on the sensation and due to circumstances beyond my control, I can no longer go! I'm so bummed. But my question is, does carnival offer at least a partial refund, or can I get some kind of voucher to go later? I really don't want to throw my $500 down the drain for nothing so there's gotta be something I can do.....Tried finding another person to go but that isn't working either! What do I do? Anyone know the answer?

Based on your question, I'm assuming you did not purchase trip insurance.

Cancellations within 7 days of sailing date are charged a 100% penalty.

My roommate had to cancel her cruise as her father was in the hospital and died less than a week later. It was a very sudden illness and she did not have trip insurance. When she called her PVP, the PVP suggested she right a letter to Carnival explaining what happened. The PVP doubted she would get a refund, but maybe a credit or some amount. My roommate send the letter a few weeks ago and has not heard anything from Carnival yet. What I'm getting at, is try writting a letter you have nothing to loose.

**Disclaimer--Let me just say my roommate was expecting nothing back from Carnival and was fully aware of Carnival's no refund policy when she chose not to get trip insurance. When PVP suggested writting a letter, she figured why not. If she gets nothing, she will not be (she has stated this to me) angry, upset, or disappointed with Carnival.

Pam

If you have trip insurance and this is an event covered, you should call them immediately... otherwise, your $500 will likely cruise without you. My good friend had this happen in October... she was unable to go and there was no way around it, she was out the money. Trip insurance, and a flexible plan, should always be purchased....

SOrry :(

:o I'm sitting here feeling SO badly for you, wishing we could all help. Alas, unless you get on that ship, you're just out that $500. (Are you SURE you can't work something out so you could go???) I'm SO sorry.:o

Southern Belle - That's not an option at this late date.

I'm really sad right now.....I'm scheduled to leave 3/7/05 on the sensation and due to circumstances beyond my control, I can no longer go! I'm so bummed. But my question is, does carnival offer at least a partial refund, or can I get some kind of voucher to go later? I really don't want to throw my $500 down the drain for nothing so there's gotta be something I can do.....Tried finding another person to go but that isn't working either! What do I do? Anyone know the answer?

Can't ya go alone? Sure better than loosing the $500.00.

Cut your losses !

Try to find somebody that will take the cruise at a huge discount. Try to sell the $500 cruise for $300, then $200, etc.

If all this fails, take the previous advice, and send Carnival a "sob" (ain't it awful) letter. They just might somehow sell your cabin this last minute (to someone like me, that's how I cruise) and apply your monies to another cruise. I should caution, however, because of the danger of establishing bad precedents they most likely won't do this. Carnival is so inconsistent in almost everything they do, you just never know unless you ask. :)

Can't ya go alone? Sure better than loosing the $500.00.

I'm thinking she meant she was trying to find someone to go in her place.

Make sure you can transfer the name on the cruise ticket itself. Then I would try listing it on Ebay for a short term auction 3 days. Then just overnight mail the ticket and/or tickets to the winner. At least you'll get some sort of compensation. Good luck:)

Make sure you can transfer the name on the cruise ticket itself. Then I would try listing it on Ebay for a short term auction 3 days. Then just overnight mail the ticket and/or tickets to the winner. At least you'll get some sort of compensation. Good luck:)

The cruise is on Monday... I don't think even Paypal works that quick :o And the other problem is the name change (if they would even allow it) has to be done prior to the final manifest... so I don't think this is an option.

Before looking any further for someone else, I would CALL Carnival and talk to them (writing at this point is not going to help)... find out if a name change is even an option. Technically, without keeping one of the names in the cabin the same, it is considered a new booking... you may just be out of luck, which stinks... I'm sorry and I hope you can figure something out!!!!

Last year just 3 days before our Holiday cruise my friend had serious trouble with kidney stones and her doctor told her there was no way she was getting on a cruiseship. With no cruise insurance we were sure that the money was down the drain. Our travel agent called Carnival and they (surprisingly) let them move the cruise back a month giving them full credit. They only paid the difference in price which was about $30 each.

If you booked through a travel agent I would suggest you have them call Carnival and beg on your behalf.

We had a cruise booked for March of last year. In January, a very large brain tumor was discovered during a trip to the er. We had not purchased trip insurance. We were in the penalty period and were going to lose the $600 deposit we had put down for an 8 day cruise. My pvp also suggested writing a letter to Carnival which I did. They did not give us a cash refund but did give us

a voucher for $600 to be used toward a future cruise. I thought this was very generous as we were not entitled to any refund. I suggest following your pvp's advice and write a letter.

As an added note, we also had booked our air ourselves at $320pp. I couldn't find any air deals at the time I booked this . I called Delta to see about canceling the ticket and rebooking at a later date knowing there was a $100 per person cancellation fee. The lady that I spoke to put me with a supervisor. She said they don't make medical exception but she was going to give us vouchers for the full amount.

Cruzn

A

Archived