What is your preferred method for booking Carnival cruises?

StacyandTim

I prefer to book my cruises...  

345 members have voted

1. 1. I prefer to book my cruises...

• directly through my Carnival PVP
    • online at Carnival.com
    • through a private online TA
    • through a local TA

I use a small online TA. Several years ago, I was referred to her by friends and have had no complaints. She's friendly, responsive and will get the best prices available. If she can't, she will tell you to go with whoever can provide a better price. Her service has been outstanding and thus far I've never had to go elsewhere.

I have had great success booking through Carnival PVP. I used to use a TA, but for upgrades and problems, the PVPs seem to be easier to get things done. I just feel a little more secure going right to the source. I have had PVPs that I don't like also. I usually call back and get another one when that happens. They seem to always promote the good ones. Good for them, bad for me.

I start with Carnival for my bookings then I search and call many TA's for the best price and roll my booking over to them before my final payment. I usually end up with one of the warehouse grocery stores:)

This will only be my 2nd cruise but both times I checked everything I wanted to see online (carnival.com) and then when I have prices and cabin picked out, I call in to book. The first time I didnt really care for my pvp at all. This time, I just adore the PVP i have, and will make sure I use her from now on. She's friendly and upbeat every time I call(when I have specific questions)

My favorite way to book a cruise is through the same TA I have used for our last 6 cruises. Found him online originally.

My really favorite way to book a cruise is with my girlfriends credit card!;) :D

I recently booked #5 and Ive done several ways.

#1 with TA

#2+3 with the crusieline as I received a great past guest rate. #3 was a past guest sailing with about 50% of the crusiers being that. Great deal!!!

#4 I did online with a cruise webpage

#5 with the crusieline only after I did all the internet searching I could for the best deal. Expedia, Travelocity and Carnival all had the same lowest price so I decided to deal with the cruiseline directly.

Some want service and some want the best price, Im the latter of the two.

Different places offer different bonuses.

We figure out which cruise we want, then search the online travel sites to see which offers the best bonus. Once we got a Best Buy Gift Card, sometimes it is a shipboard credit, etc.

I check out the deals online, and if they offer something special like a discount or rebate or gift card, I call my PVP and tell him. He talks with his supervisor and gets the equal amount credited to my shipboard account. For this upcoming cruise I got 100.00 on my account. I like it because it helps with the sign and sail card expenses. :p

Wow! I'm learning all sorts of good information from you guys. I am getting ready to book a cruise for next January. How do I get in touch with a PVP. I have a TA that I have no complaints about, but don't know if I should start using a PVP. What do you all think.

I've done the PVP, a local TA, directly with the cruiseline, but the best deal I have ever received was through the on-line agency and I booked my last cruise and my future cruise with this agency. The price I received through the cruiseline was ridiculous but I didn't know any better. My first time was with a local TA and although she gave me a good deal it was always hard to catch up with her. The PVP was really no different than dealing directly with the cruiseline for me. I think I'll stick to my on-line agency although I'm never personally able to speak with them on the phone, the e-mail communication works just fine for me. All of my questions are answered promptly and courteously and so far for the cruises I've booked with them I have received balcony/suites for the prices I paid for an oceanview in the past.

Online!!!! I like to do e-mails rather then waste my time on the phone. I can quick e-mail a question and then check back when I got time to check it. NEVER had a problem and always the best deals!

Always an online TA.

I cruise last minute and SOLO when I can find a "window" in my schedule to be away from my business for a week. Book usually 4-6 days before the cruise. Build a quick matrix on a legal pad and start hitting the regular sites that we can't mention. :D I'm not very particular where I go so price and newness of the ship are my main factors.

Sometimes when I've made up my mind what ship and itinerary, when I call my online TA, he suggests an even better bargain. Some time ago I was locked in on either the TRIUMPH or VICTORY and my online TA said for $60 more I could cruise the GLORY (only 3 or 4 months old then). So I cruised, last-minute SOLO on the GLORY for $606 all included.

I've used this same online TA the last three cruises. They do cruises and only cruises. Very good at it IMHO. I punch in the cc#s, all monies transfer directly to Carnival, get an e-mail confirmation from my TA within minutes, go to Carnival's website and within an hour can fill out my FUN PASS thereby confirming passage with Carnival. I printout all confirmations, go to the pier and BINGO ! instant boarding. 2 out of the last 3 cruises I've received a TRUE UPGRADE (upgraded from inside to oceanview). Its hard to speak of my TAs "service" as I've never had the need to call or e-mail them about anything. They also send me a nice note after the cruise thanking me and including another $50 off coupon for a future cruise. Slick ! ! :)

I've allways booked on line my self right thru Carnival. I have not found any savings thru aother services. I figure the TA have to make a living some how so I figure you are probally paying some sort of fee to them for their services. I just cut out the middle man and do it my-self. I could be wrong about the TA and I probally am but I would like to know who some of you all use. :)

I've allways booked on line my self right thru Carnival. I have not found any savings thru aother services. I figure the TA have to make a living some how so I figure you are probally paying some sort of fee to them for their services. I just cut out the middle man and do it my-self. I could be wrong about the TA and I probally am but I would like to know who some of you all use. :)

I have priced cruises online with Carnival and don't think i would EVER book directly online... generally as soon as I call my PVP, the price is much lower than online, and about the same as online TA's, etc. Booking online, you don't get a discount... so it doesn't seem like a bargain to me? Carnival builds in a commission... regardless of if it is the TA or Carnival, don't worry, doesn't matter who you book with, you are paying SOMEONE's commission, be it Carnival or a TA, LOL.

Archived