Is this considered a weapon?

TNPirate

i agree tnpirate. i only carry a samll knife, maybe a 2.5 inch blade or so. but i've carried one throughout half my life, and i'm 25 soo...... i even had a small one in high school, like a 1 inch keychain knife and a few teachers knew and didn't care. but back to the point, the last thing my knife to me is a weaopn, it's a tool. You're probably like me where you're slightly more handier or whatever than some people, next thing you know you're offering to cut the tag off the shirt your shipmate is trying not to pull through the fabric. Maybe it's the way i was raised.

seriously.......who throws a shoe? that really hurt

You would be surprised what I take with me on a cruise... on top of the useual things I also take a small flash light, as well as my Gerber and several other items.... I have been onboard a ship that broke down and I will never be without my tools.

Capt Bill

I know that Carnival has a "No Weapons" policy, but I am curious as to what their definition of a "weapon" is, in terms of bladed instruments. I know not to bring my 3 1/2" folding knife -- that's just common sense. However, what about my Gerber multi-tool (it's like a Leatherman). You know, the pliers whose handles contain files, screwdrivers, and a small knife blade. This is something that I routinely took on planes in my carry-on before 9-11. Its multitude of features can come in handy in any number of situations. If I do take it, it will go onboard in my checked baggage, not in my carry-on. I just wanted to ask on here what other people thought -- should I take it at all? I hate for them to confiscate it, since it has been through a lot with me. .

You can bring your Divers Knife with you as long as its in the Checked luggage. No Hand Guns or Ammo thou.

I am thinking about the weapon used by the fembots in "Goldmember" that shot from the bra. I guess one could not bring them aboard.

I had a pair on but had to remove them when the metal detector at the airport went off.:confused:

1. Please measure the steak knives on your next cruise. Mine have always had sharp serrated blades, about 4 inches in length.

2. I always pack my small pocket knife in my checked luggage, and transfer it to my pocket while on the ship. We use knives for all sorts of things, like cleaning fingernails, trimming loose strings on clothing, cutting stuff etc.

3. A pocket knife is not a weapon, no matter what the TSA people say, no more than a pencil is.

4. If the situation calls for it, ANYTHING can be used as a weapon.

Take your pocket knife, leatherman tool right along with you. It will be just fine in my opinion.

Archived