Hotel in Tokyo

kit23

We are going in April. 1º iI booked in Ginza, when I found out it was the most expensive place in Tokyo.

Now I changed it for the Shinjuku Washington Hotel, next to the subwaystation in Shinjuku, good places to eat and shopping.

We are on a land trip this feb. As a family of 3 the most reasonable hotel was the prince hotels. However, using our amex plat card we got a good deal at the four seasons marounchi. Our daughter is staying one extra night and got a great price at the hotel metropolitian marounchi. Both hotels are right next to tokyo station, very good Location for coming from narita.

• 3 weeks later...

I started my research using Tripadvisor.com for our Japan vacation (Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka). Then I compared prices on the various online travel agencies to check the best rates (Expedia, Travelocity, and sometimes the hotel's website). We wanted centrally located hotels that are near subways. Our budget was approximately $150 per night.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/HACSearch?geo=298184&inDay=20&inMonth=09%2F2008&checkIn=9%2F20%2F2008&outDay=23&outMonth=09%2F2008&checkOut=9%2F23%2F2008&minmaxrate=0%2C9999999&currency=USD&adults=2

Shinjuku station is the busiest and one of the largest in Tokyo. This is where the majority of the "passenger pushers" work during rush hour. These uniformed employees with white gloves literally push passengers onto the trains. We visited the City Hall building (free, take the elevator to the observation deck for a great view) in the daytime, then came back another night to where the restaurants and bars were. There are so many entrances and exits that we never used the same entrance twice.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived