Bonus tipping etc

UKAllan

I'm going to tip my butler on the first day and then the last day. We plan on giving him $50.00 on the first day and then tell him he will be tipped once again on the last day. The tip on the last day will reflect the quality of service we received.

Curious...we plan to eat breakfast and dinner everyday in our Romance Suite. It sounds like we need to tip our butler/room service deliverer each time. BUT how do we deal with the standard $10 x 2 that NCL charges you. I mean we won't be using the waiters/busboys in the dining rooms. I don't have a problem with tipping, infact I usually over tip but it seems unfair to pay for service that doesn't go to the right person. I would much rather pay the people serving us in our suite directly. Can someone point the way with past experience.
The $10 per day isn't for waiters and busboys only. The $10 covers the buffet staff, the room steward, the sommelier (sp), the laundry staff...who else...thers' a list of people you see and the behind the scenes peope you never see. And with Freestyle dining, even if you were dining in the main dining rooms, you'd probably never have the same person twice so you'd have to tip individually at every meal. Most people find the $10 per person per day the right amount and then tip extra where they see fit. If you have a butler, that should be a separate tip all together because butlers receive none of the $10 per day.

Curious...we plan to eat breakfast and dinner everyday in our Romance Suite. It sounds like we need to tip our butler/room service deliverer each time. BUT how do we deal with the standard $10 x 2 that NCL charges you. I mean we won't be using the waiters/busboys in the dining rooms. I don't have a problem with tipping, infact I usually over tip but it seems unfair to pay for service that doesn't go to the right person. I would much rather pay the people serving us in our suite directly. Can someone point the way with past experience.

Call it a tax on the Suite life. :) The $10 is basic contribution to the general tip pool for those that are onboard to serve you anywhere anytime. If you decide to eat in your room (a great idea) there is a price for the extra level of service (tip the butler). If you elect not to use the services that are funded from the tip pool that is your decision. It is the only way Freestyle can work.

Archived