Taxi To & From Orient Beach

katfam

Will be in St. Maarten on Sunday, Feb. 27 and want to take a taxi to Orient Beach for the day. Interested in a location that will rent chairs and umbrellas and have lunch facilities. Where is the best place for the taxi to drop us off? Do we need to make arrangements to have them return for us? Any idea of how much the taxi charges?

The taxi drivers will know where to drop you off...just them if you want to go the "natural" part of the beach or the regular beach.

We went to the regualr beach and sat at chairs that we already available and someone came along right away to collect the rental fee (I think it was $7 per chair)

The taxi/van fee if I remember right was $8 pp each way. We took the city tour for $30 (I think it was) and ended at Orient Beach.

Make sure when you are getting a taxi back to the ship that is IS A TAXI. When we were leaving last time, something didn't seem right. A driver asked us if we were ready to head back. When walking up to the car, we were walking up with a side view. I could see there was writing on the back window and I could see items hanging from the rearview mirror. Once in the car and driving off, I turned and looked at the window and realized it was a rental car, not a taxi. The items hanging from the mirror was not the drivers identification, it was an air freshener. I thought for sure we were going to be robbed at best.

He did bring us to the port, but could not enter the gates. We had to walk the rest of the way.

That will never happen to me again.

Typically if you can work it out tell the driver who brought you there what time you would like to return. Negotiate a round trip fare and tell him you will pay him or her the full fare when they return you to the ship. This has worked for us in the past with no issues. It guarantees your return trip and they get paid.

Typically if you can work it out tell the driver who brought you there what time you would like to return. Negotiate a round trip fare and tell him you will pay him or her the full fare when they return you to the ship. This has worked for us in the past with no issues. It guarantees your return trip and they get paid.

Hmmm...Travel now pay later :eek:...Glad it worked out for you.

Archived