Epic - Best balcony cabins

Patsy Flower

Hi,

we are staying in 13278 on the 2nd of October. Hope you don't mind if I ask some questions.

What is the balcony like, looks like it is semi enclosed from the photo's I've seen, do you have any photos. Were you able to get sun lounges on your balcony. Its a standard balcony. Maybe slightly larger than any other aft. We would have had plenty of space for loungers but never asked for two. Maybe the next cruise. And its not enclosed. Its very open and a very lovely room!

I've seen posts motion issues, I don't think this will be an issue but it would be nice to hear your opinion. Also noise levels. I chose the room thinking it is a nice quiet spot what do you think? It is a very quiet spot as far as hallway noise goes. We only noticed the party in Spice H20 once and it wasn't annoying by any means. The vibration/noise is VERY loud when docking and leaving ports. We didn't mind it though b/c we were able to get up early, enjoy the view of the port while backing in (E. Caribbean) and get around for our excursions. Its just a bit startling the first time you hear it. As long as you're aware its going to happen you'll be fine.

We never had any motion issues and we had rough seas. My husband gets sea sick easily and took meds daily to be safe but we never really noticed it - except one night and thats only b/c the cocktails were flowing WAY too easily for me and the 'spins' with the gentle rocking of the ship made it seem a whole lot worse than it was. ;)

Any photos of the room you would like to share would be appreciated. Can you believe we hardly took any pics of the room and none of the balcony. Here are two I have that are worth while.

P1000184.jpg

P1000194.jpg

Regards

Deb

Glad to hear you loved it so much. I booked 13099. In hindsight I should have booked more forward. I thought I was doing good booking closer to mid so not right under the kids club. I didn't realize about no mid ship elevator, never dawned on me. Do you think I am far from the elevator? It didn't seem too bad on the website but of course that is not the same as walking it. I guess it's considered mid ship but it seems I guess forward mid. Any idea if we have a decent balcony? Thanks.

You are most definitely not too far from the elevators.

We were in 11192 Port. It has the larger balcony with lots of room and great viewing area. It was in category BD standard balcony at that time. May now be called "larger balcony" with a new category number.

But the big issue is that this cabin has the bed next to the deck -- couch next to bath. Avoid the other "wave" configuration with the bed next to the bath -- couch next to deck. In this type of standard balcony, the sink is at the foot of the bed! No lie. :D

Can you comment on cabin 9025? I know it's on deck 9 but it appears to be partially covered and larger than average. Your pics and comments will be appreciated.

My family and I were in adjoining cabins 9021 and 9025. Just left the Epic yesterday in fact. The balconies were HUGE and covered. (well 9025 was 3/4covered) I would highly recommend these cabins for the location but really the balcony was a major plus!:) I haven't downloaded pix yet but I will post some a little later for you so you can see how fantastic it was. :)

WHAT???

I'm sorry I did not understand Which is 11192 good or not so good ???

How far from elevators .The corridors look vERy long!!

Michele

Michele

I think what the other poster is saying is that you want the curve of the floor plan nearer the balcony. It appears from the floor plans online that it is. And 11192 doesn't look to be too far from the elevators - besides, as I can attest, walking on the ship might be a bad thing...I gained 6 or 7lbs! :eek:

My family and I were in adjoining cabins 9021 and 9025. Just left the Epic yesterday in fact. The balconies were HUGE and covered. (well 9025 was 3/4covered) I would highly recommend these cabins for the location but really the balcony was a major plus!:) I haven't downloaded pix yet but I will post some a little later for you so you can see how fantastic it was. :)

I would love to see pictures. I am trying to figure out which cabins are adjoining and some of the deck plans are not that clear. What category cabin did you have?

That's wonderful news! We are going on 3/19/11 and were worried that the location may be a problem. Did you think that the steps or elevators were too far away? Can we fit a lounger on the balcony? Is the cabin reasonably quiet? Do you think that there is any major difference between the port or starboard side of the ship? I would love to see your pictures. Thanks.

Sorry. 11192 is a terrific cabin. It only appears a great distance from elevators. And, anyway, you will need to walk off those O'Sheehan's brownies. :)

My son LOved the brownies on Adventure and Freedom OTS so he will enjoy these as well

Merci

Michele

avoid any balcony on deck 14 between these numbers 14054-14096. It is so difficult to get to cabins.

I disagree. We just stayed in 14074 & 14078- adjoining cabins on the 1/12 sailing. We had no issues with the cabins. I agree that it was like a maze to get to them but no worse than walking to the end of a hallway from the elevators. Cabin steward was fantastic, section of the floor was quiet and no noise from above.

I would love to see pictures. I am trying to figure out which cabins are adjoining and some of the deck plans are not that clear. What category cabin did you have?

I don't remember the category, but it was one of the cheaper balconies. I see that for next year, 2012, it is in a different category b/c of the large balcony.

These cabins were adjoining but not connecting. We were able to open the door between the balconies so we could move from room to room easier, instead of going through the hallway. We had to close it at night though because the ship's movement made the doors want to swing. Great rooms, highly recommend them.

I have 2 cabins, 12112 and 12116 are these cabins ok in a good area? Also they have assigned my children the cabin no 12116 which is infact the cabin I wanted as it's bed is near the balcony, can we just change rooms or would we need to tell NCL? We are paying for both rooms.

This will be our first time on a NCL ship.:)

We recently booked 8187. Why should we avoid deck 8?

A lot of the balconies are uncovered (not private) and you may be right over the lifeboats that jut out from the sides and partially obscure your view of the ocean.

To the OP. We loved being on floor 14 towards the front. 14022 to be precise. Very easy access to the garden cafe and the rest of the pool deck, and nice and high for the view.

1382-vi.jpg

251-vi.jpg

Our room had an extended cover over it, which was great in the raging heat of the caribbean in the summer

1248-vi.jpg

Hellooooo down there

765-vi.jpg

My wife and i are sailing april 9th eastern carib. on the epic any details about this balcony room??????? 8184, is it covered or not? oh btw this is our very first cruise so any pointers would be nice to

Hello everyone -

I am going to be in Cabin 9072 on the Epic and from the map overlays of the ship that I have seen, it appears that this balcony IS covered?

Can anyone confirm that for me? I definitely want a covered balcony.

Cany anyone tell me about how large this balcony is?

Could you fit 2 loungers on it OR one lounger and a table w/2 chairs?

Thank you!

Janet

Hi

We will be in 9072 for th 3/12/11 cruise and I am wondering how big the balcony is and is it covered? 6 days and counting!!!!

Hi Grumpy - When you return from your trip, will you let me know what you thought of the cabin?

I would like to know if the Bed is closer to the patio doors or to the bathroom?

Is the balcony covered?

How large the balcony is?

Is the view obstructed at all by the lifeboats two decks below?

Thanks so much!

Janet

We're in 11255.

Anyone been in that cabin yet?

My only minor concern is that it is near the elevators and may get more traffic passing than other rooms. Having not seen a clear picture of the layout of the elevators, I am not sure it is even an issue.

We originally chose it because it was between two floor of other cabins and not public areas.

Of course, then the whole "bed by the balcony is better" thing came up, so I have that to consider too.

When did cruising get so difficult? HAHA! :D

I sure will. From what I have been reading the bed is close to the balcony. When do you cruies?

Beth

Hey Beth - I looked at the map overlay and it appears that 9072 is a covered balcony.

I called NCL to confirm and they sent an email to the ship to confirm and said I should hear back in the next day or two.

They said the balcony is 5'x10' - so that's pretty good size. It's not huge, but it's adequate for me.

I do look forward to hearing your views on the cabin location when you return, specificallly about noise and views.

I cruise June 5th to the Mediterranean, so I am very excited.

Have a great trip!

Janet

You can tell if your room has the bed closer to the balcony or if it's the couch closer to the balcony by looking at the deck plans on the norwegian website. The concave part is where the bed is and convex part is the couch.

• 2 months later...

Hi

Cabin 9072 on the Epic is covered with plenty of room. It does look down on deck 8 balconies that are not covered but it did not bother us at all. We had a great view of the ocean saw lots of Whales 2 days of our cruise. The bed is next to the balcony and we liked this much better than our friends next to us that had the sofa bed next to the balcony. We really enjoyed this cruise ship. So much to do and not enough time to do everything.

Hope you have a great time on the Epic we did.

Beth

Archived