Sunset Jamaica Grande, Ocho Rios

anjoliza

• 2 weeks later...

This past January, we had a day pass for Sunset Beach Resort but it was in Montego Bay. I'm sure the one in Ocho Rios would be similar.

We really enjoyed our day there. The $60 charge each included all your drinks, food, use of chairs, umbrellas, towels, kayaks, etc. We sat on the beach in the morning. If you wanted a drink, you'd have to walk to the beach bar since there were no waiters. Also, in Montego Bay, there were no lockers so don't take any valuables with you unless somebody plans on staying with them.

At lunch time..we went in the hotel and had a delicious buffet lunch then we sat by the pool in the afternoon. The pool had a swim up bar.

I don't think you'll be disappointed if you decide to go! We were not looking forward to visiting Jamaica again so decided this day pass might be a better idea than staying on the ship. There were no vendors bothering you to buy stuff and it was just a nice relaxing day! :)

Sorry I can't comment about the Ocho Rios Sunset but I'm sure it's very similar.. I'd definitely go back again:)

This past January, we had a day pass for Sunset Beach Resort but it was in Montego Bay. I'm sure the one in Ocho Rios would be similar.

We really enjoyed our day there. The $60 charge each included all your drinks, food, use of chairs, umbrellas, towels, kayaks, etc. We sat on the beach in the morning. If you wanted a drink, you'd have to walk to the beach bar since there were no waiters. Also, in Montego Bay, there were no lockers so don't take any valuables with you unless somebody plans on staying with them.

At lunch time..we went in the hotel and had a delicious buffet lunch then we sat by the pool in the afternoon. The pool had a swim up bar.

I don't think you'll be disappointed if you decide to go! We were not looking forward to visiting Jamaica again so decided this day pass might be a better idea than staying on the ship. There were no vendors bothering you to buy stuff and it was just a nice relaxing day! :)

Sorry I can't comment about the Ocho Rios Sunset but I'm sure it's very similar.. I'd definitely go back again:)

Thank-you very much for this information!!!! I think we will be spending the day there - can't wait!!!

Thank-you very much for this information!!!! I think we will be spending the day there - can't wait!!!

Hi neighbour!!;) From the website, the Ocho Rios location looks as nice, or even nicer than Montego Bay so I'm sure you'll have a wonderful day. :) The variety at the lunch buffet was unreal.. there was everything from hamburgers to chicken, pork chops, etc!

We enjoyed the fact that none of the locals or vendors got near us trying to peddle their wares! :p

Again, I'm sure you'll have a great day there. Just wish I was going back soon :( Enjoy! :D

Forgot to say, they will take your ship's Sign & Sail or Seapass from you when you enter the resort. It will be returned to you when you leave, after they cut your wrist band off. I had a bit of a problem with this but I can understand how it works.. just don't be alarmed like I was. You WILL get it back. ;)

Forgot to say, they will take your ship's Sign & Sail or Seapass from you when you enter the resort. It will be returned to you when you leave, after they cut your wrist band off. I had a bit of a problem with this but I can understand how it works.. just don't be alarmed like I was. You WILL get it back. ;)

Good to know, thanks!

Archived