Who am i?

kiwi sailor

I was 650 feet long, carried 1412 passengers. I entered service in July 1962 sailing in the opposite direction to my sister out of Southhampton. I had a grey hull, light green superstructure and a buff funnel which was at the rear of my superstructure. I was grounded on a reef at Tahiti in December 1967. I was a regular visitor to Australia and NZ. I was sold for scrap and taken out of service in November 1975. My sister received three new names before her end. Her last name was Ocean Breeze. So who am I?

I was 650 feet long, carried 1412 passengers. I entered service in July 1962 sailing in the opposite direction to my sister out of Southhampton. I had a grey hull, light green superstructure and a buff funnel which was at the rear of my superstructure. I was grounded on a reef at Tahiti in December 1967. I was a regular visitor to Australia and NZ. I was sold for scrap and taken out of service in November 1975. My sister received three new names before her end. Her last name was Ocean Breeze. So who am I?

Hi ,

Great post .I sailed on Northern Star...had a great cruise.I also sailed on the other Shaw Saville ship the then Ocean monach....both were great cruise and fabulous old ships....they bring back heaps of memories.

Cheers

Col:)

Archived