New Carnival Menu

[quote name='Cotton'][b]Serene, is that something new? I've never seen anything but Hazelnut Creme Brulee'.[/b][/QUOTE]

Carnival rolled out a new menu the 2nd week in February. Supposed tobe fleetwide. Yes-the new creme brulee is no longer a hazelnut.. but ya know what--its every bit as good. No longer do they do the choc decadence or the alaska flambe. (risk factor-doh) and the flourless choc cake ??now taste like burnt brownies...I am seriously hoping that the chef was just practicing on us withthese new recipees and by the time we cruise again he will have it down pat.

[quote name='serene56']Carnival rolled out a new menu the 2nd week in February. Supposed tobe fleetwide. Yes-the new creme brulee is no longer a hazelnut.. but ya know what--its every bit as good. No longer do they do the choc decadence or the alaska flambe. (risk factor-doh) and the flourless choc cake ??now taste like burnt brownies...I am seriously hoping that the chef was just practicing on us withthese new recipees and by the time we cruise again he will have it down pat.[/QUOTE]

Cheryl, I am glad we were not the only ones that thought the flourless choc cake tasted like burnt brownies! LOL! It literally burnt my mouth! It tasted microwaved and for the first time, I simply couldn't eat it! It was wonderful in N&N's though. I never saw the creme brulee... but I think they served it the night we were in N&N's :(

[quote name='36web']I am planning on my son eating with us at night. He is 7 and very picky. He likes beef and chicken and pork, but very plain....no sauces and stuff like that. Will they cook steak for you without all the "extra" stuff? What if he just wants a hamburger? Can I order that for him?[/QUOTE]

you son may just surprise you at what he may try on a cruise. Everything is so differnt to him then. Get him to try some of the soups. Bet he will love the strawberry soup= (taste like melted strawberry icecream.

[font=Comic Sans MS]"The new menu is out on the Carnival website under the FAQ section and Dining Options."[/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS]My daughter and I had the best time with this site - we spent an hour one night looking at each menu and "guessing" what the other one would choose!! Of course, we reminded ourselves that the menu onboard might not be exactly the same, but it's fun to look at with older kids/young teens so that it isn't a total culture shock when they see it the first night (especially if it is their first cruise!!!)[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Deb:) [/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS]Sovereign of the Seas 8/04[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Carnival Conquest 6/05 - can't wait!!!!![/font]

Great to hear that Deb- thats what planning a family cruise is all about--including ALL family members. Making it a game your daughter surely will have the time of her life.

Archived