New Liquor Policy?

Crusing Nut

Just off a 5 day on Fascination and a 7 day on Legend. In both cases, alcohol purchased in port was turned over to a Carnival employee upon re-boarding.

Purchases were delivered inside our stateroom on the last night of each cruise.

Alcohol purchased on board after 6pm on last night, we were able to take directly to our room. This was 2 weeks ago.

I just know that after 7 cruises with Carnival and 4 on the Miracle, this was a first time that it happened to me. Other years all liquor (including the one purchased onboard) were delivered to the stateroom the night before departure.

Whatever the reason is for the change, it will bode ill for Carnival. I heard from my TA today and he stated that it did happen to others on another cruise line. Since it takes hours to deliver all these purchases, it would make sense to cut some corner to save money. However be up front about it prior to port calls. A little notice in the "Funtimes" would have prepared me prior to my purchases at port. And for Pete's sake (and mine) make sure every personel is telling the same story to the passengars.

Archived