Future Cruise Certificates

emen822

I have two future cruise certificates that Royal sent me last year as a nice gesture since we had to leave our cruise early due to a death in the family. I'm trying to apply them to my reservation online but it won't go through. When I called C&A, they said I should mail them in. Does anyone know if these can be applied over the phone? There is an address to mail them but since final payment is due this weekend, I was hoping to get them applied to lessen my payment. Of course, if they applied them as OBC, I would be fine with that too but I just want to be able to use them in some way. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Mary :)

Did you ask about faxing them (if you don't have a fax machine..go somewhere that does and pay $2.00) and then mail them? If RCI told you to mail them, how did they say this would be handled due to final pmt needed this weekend?..If you are ok with the OBC then I don't see the problem..You got the certificates last year.. Why didn't you apply them at time of booking?...Sorry but I wouldn't have let it get this close..Good luck hope it all works out, enjoy your cruise !!!

My first post so I hope it makes it. I have a lot of experience with cruise credits because of medical reasons. If you will call and talk to resolutions they should be able to take the # off your form and apply immediate credit. They usually credit my card back right then. They will tell you to mail them, just be nice and persistent and they should do it over the phone. Hope this helps. Dave

Thanks everyone. I was told if I mailed them today and they weren't applied before final payment (which they most likely won't be since it's due on Sunday), it would be OBC. I received these in May, didn't book the cruise until October and between moving into a new house, selling the other and the holidays, it got pushed to the back burner. ;) I thought maybe there was a number to call for these like there is for the Visa certificates or other coupons. In any event, they aren't going to waste.

Thanks again. :D

Archived