Review of Secret Harbor beach

darbs7

We were in St. Thomas last February and unexpectly were whisked to SEcret harbor by our driver....made our trip. about a 15 minute drive and a beautiful secluded beach in a "secret harbor". Ocean is very calm but beware there is some coral as you first get in water. There is snokeling, we did not do it (usually we snorkel), but we were drinking too much. We rented chairs for $5 a piece. We ate yummy conch fritters and drank some great beer and blue donkeys.

Quiet beach, great day...we are going back in two weeks and we all have been talking about it all year. The taxi was about $6 per person each way.

Enjoy

There is no entrance fee at Secret Harbor. We were there two days ago. Some of the beaches on STT suffered some damage from the storms last Fall but I didn't see that Secret Harbor suffered much at all. It was a little more crowded than usual but still plenty of space for everyone. Snorkeling was good. I followed a school of Blue Tangs around for awhile and saw some lobsters.

We were there in January and it wasn't crowded at all. Taxi from Havensport (is that what the pier is called?) was $10pp.

Day on the beach- free. Since it was so uncrowded we didn't bother renting chairs and just laid our towels on the beach. My companions did buy lunch and drinks, but I spent $0!

Snorkeling was fantastic according to those who snorkeled. The water was a bit cold for me, but I got in a bit and it was crystal clear, you could see your toes when the water was up to your thighs.

I only had a sip, but I highly recommend a pina colada from their bar. Best one I've ever tasted.

Please post your pics of this beach.. I'm trying to decide between Sapphire Beach, Magens bay, Honeymoon bay, Coki beach and Trunk Bay - St John.

How do I pick one? anyone have any ideas? I'm trying to google search pictures of these locations, Trunk Bay looks the most picturesque but its alittle bit of a mission to get there as opposed to the beaches in ST Thomas.

Archived